Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

The forum lately

DeadlyThreatDefense

Not So Super Moderator
Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
This forum sure isn't like it used to be. We used to have a lot of good conversations on here about things and not necessarily all gun related which made it interesting. I've asked to have the hunting section expanded but I guess that suggestion went on deaf ears. Seems odd that a Gun forum has a very limited hunting section when guns are some of the best tools used for hunting and a certain local fishing forum has a better hunting section. I think we went from a free for all to a state now where it's way too restrictive and that has caused me to spend less time commenting in this forum compared to how I used to be.

How do you want the section expanded? It’s kind of up to y’all to supply the content

Shovelhead

Expert
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Am I breaking a rule? I'm trying to sell off most of my collection due to health issues. Not much luck since most folks are in the an panhandle I'm in Sarasota. I'll try to limit my bumps to maybe once per week....

DeadlyThreatDefense

Not So Super Moderator
Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problems with you at all, iv spoken to other moderators who I've reached out to or have reached out to me. If the rules are going to be enforced then they need to be fixed on both ends, bumping a post shouldn't be an actual post. The definition of bumping should be explained in the rules to not get people mistaken. I understand that the way I view things and like them isn't for everyone. This forum to me was a more of a shoot the shit, make friends, learn from others type of situation. If the classifieds are going to be in the situation they are then I say no comments at all. PMs only.

This is something that we have been discussing.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Not So Super Moderator
Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Am I breaking a rule? I'm trying to sell off most of my collection due to health issues. Not much luck since most folks are in the an panhandle I'm in Sarasota. I'll try to limit my bumps to maybe once per week....

No, but it is a point of discussion.

FLT

Master
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve posted anything negative in anyone’s sale thread, but I have made positive comments. I can refrain from doing that going forward , I didn’t realize it was a problem.

Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom