• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    One day the state of Florida (and the entire southeast) will come to their senses and outlaw feeding. I doubt we will ever see another bear season in our lifetime unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Agreed

billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feeders concentrate hogs and coons, hogs cause a lot of damage to natural browse as well as food plots, coon population will explode around feeders and will really hurt the turkey population...let's go back to hunting instead of baiting

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That’s ok with me , I’ve got two gardens on my place . The folks that don’t own their on land might not agree with no feeders though. Then there’s telescopic sights that need to be addressed, not to mention those elevated Shooting benches that are referred to as hunting stands. Frankly , I don’t think most folks have actually hunted in many years. I also don’t think the folks that want to reset the game laws are going to find many supporters. :)

Last edited:

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That’s ok with me , I’ve got two gardens on my place . The folks that don’t own their on land might not agree with no feeders though. Then there’s telescopic sights that need to be addressed, not to mention those elevated Shooting benches that are referred to as hunting stands. Frankly I don’t think most folks have actually hunted in many years. I also don’t think the folks that want to reset the game laws are going to find many supporters. :)
    I grew up hunting on our 554 acre farm in KY, and it was a whole lot like hunting cattle… drive out into the field and pick one out basically. When I moved off and had to start hunting public land, I had to “re-learn” how to hunt (or just learn to hunt really). It’s been incredibly frustrating at times, but my sense of accomplishment, connection with nature, and the philosophy of why I’m there to begin with has drastically changed as a result. I’m now a very avid conservationist, not just a hunter. I undoubtedly don’t take game as easily as I used to, but maybe that’s the point…

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of these posts remind me of that old saying I wish we could go back to the good old days. Well let me tell you the good old days where just like it is today unless you had money there wasn't much good about the good old days. This picture is of me and my father in about 1958. We owned 68 Acre Farm in Leroy Alabama, so we weren't considered poor by any means but there was no money. We raised all of our own food , we sold cows at the end of the year to pay the land tax and by seed and fertilize to plant for next year. By the time I was nine or ten years old I had to milk a cow every morning before I walk to school. And yes I did walk to school and sometimes I was barefooted not because I didn't have shoes simply because we preferred it that way. In today's world weekends are for playing and enjoying ourselves, when I grew up weekends were just another work day on the farm. As far as hunting was concerned it wasn't considered a sport but a necessity, as I write this and remember back I reckon I would like to go back to the good old days...

Attachments

• 20220105_085012.jpg
      20220105_085012.jpg
      584.3 KB · Views: 70

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Some of these posts remind me of that old saying I wish we could go back to the good old days. Well let me tell you the good old days where just like it is today unless you had money there wasn't much good about the good old days. This picture is of me and my father in about 1958. We owned 68 Acre Farm in Leroy Alabama, so we weren't considered poor by any means but there was no money. We raised all of our own food , we sold cows at the end of the year to pay the land tax and by seed and fertilize to plant for next year. By the time I was nine or ten years old I had to milk a cow every morning before I walk to school. And yes I did walk to school and sometimes I was barefooted not because I didn't have shoes simply because we preferred it that way. In today's world weekends are for playing and enjoying ourselves, when I grew up weekends were just another work day on the farm. As far as hunting was concerned it wasn't considered a sport but a necessity, as I write this and remember back I reckon I would like to go back to the good old days...
    Smoking near a baby? Where's dhr? To "save you".
    Growing up down here and working on farms, didn't take me long to realize that I did not want anything to do with farming! I always get a kick when watching some show were the weak, anti-gun looking hippys want to build/ live off the grid, man they don't have a damm clue. I do have big respect for what few farmers that are left and always try to buy from them.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, I put signs around my corn field, but the damn deer ignore them and eat tons of my corn. They said those game biologists that say corn is bad for deer are full of shit, and don’t know what they are talking about !
    ;)

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2 days... several years ago. Reached the 300 bear quota in 16 hours of hunting time.

And there was no season west of Panama city. Along with a major timber/ranch company that did not allow bear hunting on its leases in Central Florida. I believe they controlled about 100,000 acres.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a very easy way to pass on CWD which will eventually make it's way here...

Moreover, it's a lazy way to hunt and completely changes a deer's natural pattern. Feeding is a great way to kill does and immature bucks, and occasionally get lucky and kill a nice one.

You gotta remember. The feeder folks don't believe cwd is as real as covid. They do not understand what the biologist plans are when it is found in our herd. And it will be found within a few years. But some also feel the rut starts in December.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Members online

Top Bottom