• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    I wonder if they are going to change their song too?

Looks like West point has changed their mission statement:

Judicial Watch Sues over Deletion of ‘Duty, Honor, Country’ from West Point Mission Statement
    Judicial Watch just filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Defense for records regarding the deletion of the words “Duty, Honor, Country” from the United States Military Academy at West Point’s mission statement (Judicial Watch, Inc. v. U.S. Department of Defense (No. 1:24-cv-01757)). “Duty, Honor, Country” is West Point’s motto.
    We sued after the Military Academy failed to respond to a March 2024 FOIA request for:
    • All documents which form the basis upon which the decision was made to remove the phrase “Duty, Honor, Country” from the United States Military Academy Mission Statement, according to various reports (such ashttps://armedforces.press/report-west-point-to-remove-duty-honor-country-from-official-mission-statement/).
    • All emails between the following USMA officials and other email accounts ending in .mil or .gov regarding the removal of “Duty, Honor, Country” from the USMA Mission Statement: Superintendent LTG Steve Gilland, MG Lori Robinson, and BG Shane Reeves.
    In a March 12, 2024, “Message from the 61st Superintendent,” Superintendent Lt. Gen. Steven Gilland announced the change, referencing the Army’s continued commitment to “Duty, Honor and Country” and then announces the new mission statement without explaining why the words themselves were deleted:
    Duty, Honor, Country is foundational to the United States Military Academy's culture and will always remain our motto. It defines who we are as an institution and as graduates of West Point. These three hallowed words are the hallmark of the cadet experience and bind the Long Gray Line together across our great history.

Our responsibility to produce leaders to fight and win our nation’s wars requires us to assess ourselves regularly. Thus, over the past year and a half, working with leaders from across West Point and external stakeholders, we reviewed our vision, mission, and strategy to serve this purpose. We believe our mission binds the Academy to the Army -- the Army in which our cadets will serve. As a result of this assessment, we recommended the following mission statement to our senior Army leadership:

To build, educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets to be commissioned leaders of character committed to the Army Values and ready for a lifetime of service to the Army and Nation. [Emphasis in original]

Both the Secretary of the Army and Army Chief of Staff approved this recommendation….
    Given the woke virus infecting West Point, deleting the words “Duty, Honor, Country” from its mission statement has sparked justified concern about what the Army’s rising leadership is being taught at the United States Military Academy. And the unlawful stonewalling of the release of records about the issue makes matters worse.

IronBeard

Master
    And the lowering of standards continues.

Jeff C

Shooter
    DEI is alive and well as the Naval Academy too.

The country needs leaders, not WOKE or DEI driven concepts.
    Academies need to teach the idea of advancement based on ability and proven performance. Not advancement based on race or gender or sexual preference.

IronBeard

Master
    Are you old enough to remember PROJECT 100K ?
    Maybe, but I probably dismissed it. Where ya goin'? Right back where we've already been, and the whole givernment/nation "forgot?"

IronBeard

Master
    There was a manpower shortage emergency so the standards were lowered , was done during WW 2 ,Korea ,Vietnam and the cold war . It will happen again when needed sadly.
    Tracking. Yep, when the bottom is perceived as falling out, every semi-able body, that does not have the position/wealth to exempt itself will be thrown at "the cause."

Having 40+ years of DoD experience, those close to me are well informed/prepared, I will defend/support their decision(s) with what is left of my life.

ccc

Master
    First you fight for the right then to build the nations might………….proud of all we have done fighting till the battle is won……….

In my day they shaped MEN ! Now they let DEI and LGBTQ shape them

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    At 71 I can't go up and down the ramp of an M113 but I would volunteer to help do something if they asked .....from 9 am to noon...after that i need a nap
    Yeah. Let's make that early on a Saturday, too. :D

SLTW

Expert
    I don’t think it’s a career move for Gilland. The superintendent is a retirement position. You’re out of the military after that job. Dude was already the CAG commander and 18th airborne commander so I doubt he cares about career progression at this point.

It’s still the USMA motto. In 2008 several old grad classes were trying to sue USMA for changing my cadet company’s motto from “get hard, start hard” to “go circus.” Lol

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    week ends off i hope , and a company car ,maybe a ferrari
    Yes, and maybe. Enzo's creations would be great in certain urban environments, but if I can't leave the road at will...

IronBeard

Master
    you can get "lucky" have a ferrari parked in your driveway lol
    Not my style. If I had it, I'd run it like it was made to be run, and can't afford the finacial punishment the government would certainly inflict upon me for doing so.

Top Bottom