GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Ha, just the other day I was wondering if such a device would be legal without the stamp registration, and if there were any in production now.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ha, just the other day I was wondering if such a device would be legal without the stamp registration, and if there were any in production now.

Legal, yes, but one measly decibel reduction and you need a tax-stamp...

I'm sure the smuzzle will be overpriced, whenever it hits commercial shelves.
    Of course, if you can afford to feed a beltfed machine gun, why not make it "mil-spec" with the latest toy?

Nice video when the whole thing was glowing red, and the cease-fire created a nice flamethrower pilot-light to cap it all off. :cool:

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

James Rea surely can expand upon the example that I speak of....there was a "modulator" equipped m16 derivative very early on that a lot of purist recreators love to produce. But as of today they can not have the modulation as initially designed due to the very slight sound supression capability of said device. I'm unsure of the exact weapon designation or the exact device information, I believe it is an x117? Someone will surely follow to correct my lack of knowledge, and that's okay, as I'll use it as a learning experience.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Several of the early Colt's had a 3.5" or a 4.5" "Moderator" installed. My XM177E2 has a "fake" one installed on it's 11.5" bbl. Some early guns had them on a 10" or 10.5" bbl but they had reliability issues.
    The guns that I used were reliable along with the Air Force GAU-5's.
    The true moderator was banned by ATF ( silencer/supressor) because it VERY slightly limited the sound volume the gun produced. ---- SAWMAN
    20180411_112401_001.jpg

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks James. I knew I was headed in the right direction but couldnt pull the details I was missing from the matter between my ears.

Point is, this "smuzzle" (stupid ass name btw) isnt new tech. Rather, it seems as though its an expanded look into old tech and how it can be adapted to todays industry. Not a bad thing at all, but know where ya came from!

Top Bottom