• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Thanks for the video. My Kawasaki Mule isn't as fast or as smooth riding at that UTV. But, I suppose I could put a suppressed Blackout upper on the M16 lower....

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the video. My Kawasaki Mule isn't as fast or as smooth riding at that UTV. But, I suppose I could put a suppressed Blackout upper on the M16 lower....
    That DD 300BLK upper I bought from you years ago spends time on an M16 lower pretty often (with a FA BCG of course)

It's expensive and very fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Todd Huey is your buddy!?!?... gosh dang.

Yeah Todd and I have know each other for years, he even came to visit. I knew him when he was known as Texas Lawman on all the forums and helped him start his forum lonestarboars.com Really a good guy, he retired from the Dallas Sherriff Dept , opened a thermal store and gets to hunt all the time now

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah Todd and I have know each other for years, he even came to visit. I knew him when he was known as Texas Lawman on all the forums and helped him start his forum lonestarboars.com Really a good guy, he retired from the Dallas Sherriff Dept , opened a thermal store and gets to hunt all the time now
    I follow him on social media. He's a dang killer... that's awesome

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    He really is bigger than life to some. With all his sponsorships and free stuff he get and tests it is remarkable, no room no matter the size of the safes. When he ever retires his inventory will be his retirement fund. Really nice wife and 2 kids, FIL is an attorney and retired judge, they have a nice ranch to get away to

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    what the heck was he driving? more than a atv..

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    does he harvest any for meat? surely all of that was not all in one night?

I quit counting them

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah that was 1 night and no he almost never harvests the meat. Sometimes the dog food guys come out and maybe the rancher or folks take them. He has killed over 10,000 hogs and has no use for them, the videos make him a lot in money and sponsorships

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first concern is that no significant number of hogs end up wounded and get away to suffer. There sure are a lot of hogs around there for sure. I am surprised that the hogs did not eat everything in sight considering how many there were.
    Some do control killing of hogs, for me it is squirrels and just a single shot in most cases.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My first concern is that no significant number of hogs end up wounded and get away to suffer. There sure are a lot of hogs around there for sure. I am surprised that the hogs did not eat everything in sight considering how many there were.
    Some do control killing of hogs, for me it is squirrels and just a single shot in most cases.

Yeah the key is to take out entire sounder at a time, to do that you shoot all you can then go back and finish them off, they crawl off and die, that is just what happens. The billions in land and crops they destroy in Texas make them like cockroaches, there are 5-10 times more than here in FL. You try and be as ethical as you can but the landowner has you there to kill all the hogs not just one at a time. If Todd and those like him took 1 or 2 a night they would never be allowed back on a property, remember these are big open spaces.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah the key is to take out entire sounder at a time, to do that you shoot all you can then go back and finish them off, they crawl off and die, that is just what happens. The billions in land and crops they destroy in Texas make them like cockroaches, there are 5-10 times more than here in FL. You try and be as ethical as you can but the landowner has you there to kill all the hogs not just one at a time. If Todd and those like him took 1 or 2 a night they would never be allowed back on a property, remember these are big open spaces.
    Many think that trapping is more efficient. But like you say that hogs are extremely numerous and maybe trapping just will not dent the numbers enough.
    Of course you could get lucky like this trapper. I am not sure what prevents the hogs from lifting up that trap to go under it.
    1589552083562.png

Members online

Top Bottom