• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Lots of rumors and talk going around in the sports world. Looks like there’s a good probability that TX and OK will be joining the SEC.
    Where there’s smoke there is fire. I believe it’s going to happen. I understand that A&M is against it. It’s all a money thing, the Longhorns and the Sooners want a bigger paycheck and know that the SEC is the strongest and biggest money maker. Looks like college football is headed down the road to super conferences with just 4 or possibly just 3 major conferences in the next couple of years. The SEC may possibly add even more teams, I’ve been watching this very closely for a couple of days now.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I think it's more of recruiting then paychecks when it comes to schools, now for players it's all about the sec because that comes with a bigger paycheck

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TX is a has been. It’s been a few decades since they were relevant in any major sport. Yeah they have some old money fans but they have not targeted younger fans like the SEC schools have. The SEC has a lot to offer but TX doesn’t return the favor. OK could offer something to the SEC. They have been relevant in the final four in football yearly. The push for female sports factors in to Oklahoma's relevance. The woman’s college World Series had great ratings as far as viewers this past year and they were able to take the win. SEC commissioner Sankey is a money making machine. He is a CEO that seems to understand fanbases

Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    TX is a has been. It’s been a few decades since they were relevant in any major sport. Yeah they have some old money fans but they have not targeted younger fans like the SEC schools have. The SEC has a lot to offer but TX doesn’t return the favor. OK could offer something to the SEC. They have been relevant in the final four in football yearly. The push for female sports factors in to Oklahoma's relevance. The woman’s college World Series had great ratings as far as viewers this past year and they were able to take the win. SEC commissioner Sankey is a money making machine. He is a CEO that seems to understand fanbases
    Few decades?

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I understand that Oklahoma State is real upset about this, they want to throw a kink in this as they feel like they should be in the same conference with their big brother Oklahoma, rumors circulating that the OK governor may intervene but I don’t believe the guv can stop OK from bailing out on the Big 12. This conference expansion for the SEC is going to flip college football upside down. It will be felt nation wide in college athletics. I know with this being a gulf coast forum that there’s probably lots of Florida State fans on here, this will affect the ACC too, I bet they are scrambling right now to see what schools of any significance they could lure to the ACC. As I recall when the SEC expanded in the past, talks with and an offer was presented to FL State but Bobby Bowden wanted no part of the SEC, Bobby said it would be too difficult to win a national championship there. Hate to hear that Bobby’s health is not good, always liked him....

Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yeah maybe that was an exaggeration it’s more like 13 years since they have been in the mix. I’m sure this year will be different. Did someone mention Florida State?
    Ha it's all good I'm a Texas fan I'm use to talking about the good ole days with Mac Brown

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last year broke the mold.

Name and likeness along with new talk of decentralized ncaa

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I think it's more of recruiting then paychecks when it comes to schools, now for players it's all about the sec because that comes with a bigger paycheck
    Hey now. Those college players aren't supposed to get paid......

I've never seen an Oklahoma in the southeast.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Just saw where Baylor fans are heart broken over the TX and OK exit and are saying the Big 12 will fold up, Baylor fan base wants to get in to the ACC. The Big 12 was having an emergency meeting this evening, will be interesting to see what comes out in the news tomorrow. I’m thinking the Big 12 will try to survive by immediately inviting some other schools to come onboard.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Texas and Oklahoma fans are already running their mouths on several football forums about coming in to the SEC and being successful right away, that’s what I like about college football, all of the trash talking. They’ll find out quickly that the SEC is a an NFL training camp, lol

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understand that Oklahoma State is real upset about this, they want to throw a kink in this as they feel like they should be in the same conference with their big brother Oklahoma, rumors circulating that the OK governor may intervene but I don’t believe the guv can stop OK from bailing out on the Big 12. This conference expansion for the SEC is going to flip college football upside down. It will be felt nation wide in college athletics. I know with this being a gulf coast forum that there’s probably lots of Florida State fans on here, this will affect the ACC too, I bet they are scrambling right now to see what schools of any significance they could lure to the ACC. As I recall when the SEC expanded in the past, talks with and an offer was presented to FL State but Bobby Bowden wanted no part of the SEC, Bobby said it would be too difficult to win a national championship there. Hate to hear that Bobby’s health is not good, always liked him....
    The SEC actually invited Fla State to join. The fly in the ointment there was that the ACC also invited FSU and at the time the ACC basketball money was bigger than SEC football money. That is why FSU ended up in the ACC.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Kansas reported that TX an OK did not come sat at the table yesterday evening at the emergency Big 12 meeting, the 8 teams left in the Big 12 reported that they want to stay together, I believe all of them are in mourning losing their two biggest dogs on the porch....

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    When your a well coached team like Bama and pulling in 5 star athletes from all over the country lots of your wins look easy, but Bama plays some stiff competition, much harder row to hoe than folks realize. The SEC is a juggernaut conference and other conferences and college programs are so jealous of the SEC’s success. They bad mouth Alabama and the SEC as a whole but in truth they want to be just like us and have what we have. Coach Saban wants to play the best teams out there, but they do have to play some cupcake teams from time to time to fill out a schedule. No other conference comes close to the slobber knocking that happens in the SEC. Alabama doesn’t want easier and weaker teams to play, to be the best you have got to play the best...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When your a well coached team like Bama and pulling in 5 star athletes from all over the country lots of your wins look easy, but Bama plays some stiff competition, much harder row to hoe than folks realize. The SEC is a juggernaut conference and other conferences and college programs are so jealous of the SEC’s success. They bad mouth Alabama and the SEC as a whole but in truth they want to be just like us and have what we have. Coach Saban wants to play the best teams out there, but they do have to play some cupcake teams from time to time to fill out a schedule. No other conference comes close to the slobber knocking that happens in the SEC. Alabama doesn’t want easier and weaker teams to play, to be the best you have got to play the best...
    sec has 2-3 real good teams, the rest are cannon fodder to build up the good team stats

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The cannon fodder you speak of would be victorious over many other teams in other conferences, Bama, Texas A&M, Georgia and Florida are still relevant in the hunt for a national title for 2021.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's all dog races and rodeos with two-legged animals who should be studying. They're supposedly just students in an extra-curricular activity, right?

Just drop the act and call the NCAA what it is: "minor leagues" for the NFL.

So, easy fix: organize them in the same geographic way. AFL, NFL, American League, National League, how does MLB handle their minor league teams? Do the same for the NCAA.

Done.

Oh wait, what about the student teams that have nothing to do with the National Felon's League like the basketball teams and badminton teams and the chess tournaments and the soccer teams and math league and archery and and and. You mean there are collegiate intramural sports OTHER than pigskin humping? So.... it's all about the money then, right? And football pays more.... so football drives the NCAA organization structure, huh. Got it.

What a ridiculous waste of effort.

Top Bottom