• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have an issue with one of my rifles not being able to mount a supressor to the key mount “three lug” dead air quick detach mount. The handgurd is 9” with a 9” barrel. When I screw the key mount on to the barrel it seats down past the hand guard thus not allowing me to make the connection with the supressor and the mount. The hand guard is too skinny to accept the diameter of the supressor also. I’m wondering what options I have? Do they make an adapter that would thread on and give me more barrel length? I am about 1/2” to maybe 5/8” away from being able to lock on the supressor. I know I could just get a shorter handguard however, if their is a coupler of some sort that would allow me to lengthen the barrel a bit then I would rather do that. Anyone know where I can find a barrel extention? Or am I off base in left field?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    if it is a free floating hand guard you can take it to a smith or machine shop and have them remove the 5/8" from the hand guard and dress the raw end with a Birchwood Casey aluminum black pen. oneshot might do it if you call and ask him

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I second what Jester says, remove the excess handguard. depending on what kind it is and how in love you are with it.

Top Bottom