• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Looking for a suppressor for 300 blackout 308 and 5.56 thoughts on what brand. One suppressor for all three or ? Thanks.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've had a good experience with my Dead Air Sandman cans. Seem to be lighter than some options and offer good suppression. Fit and finish is great, the ratcheting keymo makes it easy swapping between pistols err rifles. ;)

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah my 30cal can with just a 30 cal end cap takes the bite out of 556 enough to be able to fire without earpro and not be deaf afterwards. Still need to get a 556 end cap to get the full affect. While it may not be as quiet as a purpose built 556 can, even the purpose built ones aren't tons quieter either as the bullets are supersonic anyways. So yeah I think a 30 cal can is a good choice to do both jobs

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I see they have several different models T, k anybody have any experience with the K model. I see other models also see the quick attach muzzle breaks is this the way to go ?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Most manufacturers "K" model are going to be the shorter version. Lighter and more maneuverable but not as quiet as the full size.
    Qd muzzle makes it nice to transfer the suppressor to multiple weapons but also adds weight. Direct thread is the lightest but with different calibers you would need to have an adapter or 2 cans. This is where the qd muzzle comes back into play.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For my uses:
    Sandman K w/ E Brake - 556 rifles
    Sandman S - 300blk
    I run both size end caps and there is a difference although very slight in decibal difference, more noticeable with operation of the rifle
    I have video but there's plenty on YouTube

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have the Sandman K and the Sandman S- I use both with my 300 blackouts and 556 rifles. I don't swap endcaps on them just because I rotate them between guns so often and Im worried I would forget it.

I use the tri lug break and flash hider on every rifle I own.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah the qd mounts get expensive fast at 100 a pop roughly if ya have alot of guns. I spent about 500+ in the past week to get some of mine and I still need other end caps and more qds. I went with the Rugged Razor for my 30 cal can and it's my first one too. Luckily they make a RUM adapter. (Ruggeds multi can adapter.) It will screw into many other brands of cans and allow them to accept my QDs I just bought in case I get another brand. I'll have to sit and read what all brands it adapter to tho.
    I was told to get this one by a bud because it's one of the only 3 cans I know of that's actually not just full auto rated but also belt fed rated. It's a smaller can tho, so it may not be as quiet as some larger ones. But it's light and not as big. It supposedly is one of the few that also don't have a minimal barrel length requirement. Which is a issue for some shorter barrel gun as thier dwell time can be affected. Go too long and the bullet won't be out of the can before the bolt comes open and you'll get gas coming out there, and noise etc. So bigger isn't always better. I'm no expert tho, just relaying what I've heard.
    I do kinda want to get maybe a 2nd 30 cal can tho soon so I don't have to switch around as much. Especially since one of my main 300s has a suppressor length handguard that requires me to remove it to get the can off and on. That gets old fast lol. If and when I do tho I may get a can that does flow thru. I noticed my rifle gets really dirty fast with this setup around the mag Especially. I wonder if a flow thru model would resolve that some.
    Lots to learn tho yet still. I've barely scratched the surface now. I need to get a 9mm and 22 can yet still too.
    Which btw, ask the guys here about a 9mm can. It should cover 300, any 30 cal, 22 and 556. Plus they're usually user serviceable too. Meaning you can crack it open to clean it. Most pistol rated cans open up for cleaning as high power rifles don't need that and blow themselves clean as you use them. You may wanna shoot 9mm too soon. I'm just not sure of any 9mm cans can handle 300 tho. The guys here will know surely tho. Some should tho because I see some listed to handle my 350 legend size

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just my 2 cents worth: I have a Sandman L for my 308, a Silencerco Harvester for my 300 AAC Blackout and a Griffin Armament Recce 5 for my AR 556/223.My 30 caliber are all bolt guns, so it is easy to be a direct thread, cans do not hop from host to host gun. The recce 5 came with a muzzle brake. My preference is one can, one gun. All of my can work good and I am not disappointed in any of them. Still have a 22 can in ATF jail, well past the promised 90 e-form wait.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Looks like I have 3 1/2 months to wait, assuming I get the same time.
    Indeed. After the 20th atf email that they was updating that got my hopes up thinking it was an approval notice I finally gave up even checking lol. I didn't even get a real stamp. Just a 8×10 zerox of one. Which seems weird. They was however kind enough to allow me to download a digital copy. Very gracious of them for my mere 200$. I want a dam actual stamp! Lol. Keep forgetting to call and ask about that. I had plans to laminate it and keep it with me. The zerox copy just seems to fake to clip out. So I guess I'll have to carry around the 8×10 paper. Then prove it on my phone if asked. Both seem a little easy to fake. But I guess it's how they do it nowdays?

Top Bottom