• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I agree with tinman, I have yet to find a website to compete with local prices, and not just Wallyworld either. Locals are pretty close and I would much rather support the honest ones versus the "g" ones.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are only being "gouged" if you are forced to pay for something. As of now, government is the only thing you are forced to pay for.

Rick

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If this were a disaster of some sort and stores were charging 5X normal price for milk and eggs that people NEED then I would consider it gouging.

There is no disaster. None of this is NEED. It is WANT (for whatever reason). If a person did not WANT a black rifle or 5,000 rounds of ammo two months ago before the panic then they don't NEED it now. It is strictly a choice to pay the high prices. If one could not afford to have an extra $19 brick of .22 in the closet two months ago then they damn sure don't NEED it now. If someone really NEEDS a magazine of ammo for self defense then I would bet that there are plenty of people here that would help them out. If someone WANTS a box of ammo for the range or plinking then either pay the going price, wait it out, or do the due diligence of hammering the websites or Walmarts until you find some ammo. "I don't have time" is not an excuse. Instead of complaining here you could be searching the ammo sites.

imagesqtbnANd9GcQSCkdrOFWf79d22jZiS.jpg

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I will wait for normal prices to return, there are alot of online ammo dealers charging "normal prices" like Walmart and that is where I have been getting all the ammo I need. Like Walmart you need to be quick and get it fast but it is better than paying double for you ammo from someone else.

T

tinman

internet said:
    Noun 1. price gouging - pricing above the market price when no alternative retailer is available

(Price) Gouging does not need to take into account need or want. It's simply gouging for greed.

And it's not free market economics before anyone gets on that as this market is being distorted by politicians, so this isn't the usual supply and demand process at work. (And it's not a free market before this started, and it's certainly not capitalism either - even in the US that concept is long since dead considering all the regulation and taxation required to do business).

Top Bottom