• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Monkey wrench... got a p365 from a forum member. I'm officially sold on this as the subcompact to have,own, carry... mike drop moment.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Monkey wrench... got a p365 from a forum member. I'm officially sold on this as the subcompact to have,own, carry... mike drop moment.

Didn't Ingramite reference similar sidearms on page 1?
    A 9mm drop the mike moment?

rjsmith66

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I personally am not a huge fan of 9mm. I know with all the bullet advancement..blah, blah blah...9mm has come a long way and is much improved, but so have other calibers. That being said I will admit that in current offerings of micro compacts 9mm is king right now. When I can’t carry my XDm 10mm, I carry a P365 right now one of the best balances between caliber and capacity, both which are important, to me at least. Will probably be upgrading my P365 SAS to an XL with red dot as my eyesight ages (I’m not getting old, just my eyes are).

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    No glock here. KT PF9. Galco lite shoulder holster ,owb belt slide or pocket sleeve. That shoulder rig is the "E" ticket ride. The PF9 is way more accurate than iam even with the dao trigger. Double strike, no bs safety, DROP SAFE,16 oz loaded. Light. Goes bang and kills with authority. Ymmv.
    carried Glock 21 ,Para CCW , Kimber 1911 ,
    Glock 30s first few years but for the last 10 or so a Glock 27 for church and everyday gun and a Glock 23 for when dress allows or need extra rounds both with 9mm conversions and both dremeled /stippled and with red dots , wife carries Glock 43x its perfect for small hands

View attachment 91302
    VERY NICE! Who milled your G27 slide? I'd like to get this done for my G26.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'm in agreement with Rebel_Rider1969. PF-9 has been my "go-to" etc for shorts weather. I carry it inside my shorts on just the Kel-Tec belt clip... with the long DA trigger, I feel secure and it's hardly noticeable at all! Not fancy, but sure is concealable and effective!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm in agreement with Rebel_Rider1969. PF-9 has been my "go-to" etc for shorts weather. I carry it inside my shorts on just the Kel-Tec belt clip... with the long DA trigger, I feel secure and it's hardly noticeable at all! Not fancy, but sure is concealable and effective!
    I know a fellow Marine who carries two Keltec 9mm's, but I think they are the older models. Supposedly the PF9 is the flattest and lightest 9mm ever mass produced

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200910-174530_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200910-174530_Chrome.jpg
      92.7 KB · Views: 105

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I know a fellow Marine who carries two Keltec 9mm's, but I think they are the older models. Supposedly the PF9 is the flattest and lightest 9mm ever mass produced
    Yep, they did the same with the p3at. Then every one else jumped in. I love it. Works good on critters too. Wear gloves when target shooting shes twisty. Shot from the porch bullet entered right rear, exited front left. Temp wound cavity blew out the center like a bomb went off.

Attachments

• 66742-ae6335a4f1c97cf0eae9c870f757072c.jpg
      66742-ae6335a4f1c97cf0eae9c870f757072c.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 116

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds great, but somehow I don't hear the pitter patter of rushing feet over to "Shooters" banging down the door for a Kel Tec PF9. It may be the next best thing to sliced bread, but why the hesitation?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sounds great, but somehow I don't hear the pitter patter of rushing feet over to "Shooters" banging down the door for a Kel Tec PF9. It may be the next best thing to sliced bread, but why the hesitation?
    Because it dosent say glock,sig, colt or hk on it..... KT's not cool enough, and when you mention one, this is the kind of response you get. Its a good shooter and I'm willing to bet the farm on it.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because it dosent say glock,sig, colt or hk on it..... KT's not cool enough, and when you mention one, this is the kind of response you get. Its a good shooter and I'm willing to bet the farm on it.
    Does it have any negative reviews? Afterall every firearm constructed by men has a pitfall! Cool is a great term, what's it's achilles heel? Beretta's have locking block problems,I've yet to meet a 1911 that didn't need the safety tube to be restaked, .40 Caliber Glocks need no reference, PPK's in .32 Auto have feeding problems, etc-etc.....
    What's the bottom line problem with the Kel Tec's design????????????

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Does it have any negative reviews? Afterall every firearm constructed by men has a pitfall! Cool is a great term, what's it's achilles heel? Beretta's have locking block problems,I've yet to meet a 1911 that didn't need the safety tube to be restaked, .40 Caliber Glocks need no reference, PPK's in .32 Auto have feeding problems, etc-etc.....
    What's the bottom line problem with the Kel Tec's design????????????
    Try to find one in stock from a retailer... you couldn’t hardly find them before all the COVID crap and rioting hit the fan. They’re not sexy or pricey, they just run and are reliable, super slim, light and one of the best for deep concealment. I’ve got the P32; P3AT; and the PF-9. Great for light clothing and shorts in hotter weather. Here’s my daily decision...

Attachments

• 7F858E61-1288-4489-8970-F83E0102477E.jpeg
      7F858E61-1288-4489-8970-F83E0102477E.jpeg
      175.5 KB · Views: 105

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yet we haven't breached the underlining design fault! Every pistol has one, nothing's perfect!
    I don’t know that it has much of an underlying design fault per se, as much as the mechanics Just isn’t everyone’s “cup of tea.” It has a long (but fairly smooth) double action trigger and not everyone is used to that.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t know that it has much of an underlying design fault per se, as much as the mechanics Just isn’t everyone’s “cup of tea.” It has a long (but fairly smooth) double action trigger and not everyone is used to that.
    Has it undergone any trials, either Police or Military, that it has passed or failed?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yep, just like a revolver. Not to mention double strike if needed. I like the KT stuff. My current crop. Pf9,p3at,cp33,su16c,ksg and soon pmr30. The only downfall is you have to shoot and clean them. 200 rd break in is a real thing. My p3at will reliably shoot steel case. Biggest problem with the small guns is you can't weak wrist them. Ill keep shooting them and buying them, if you can find them. Something to be said for that too.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yep, just like a revolver. Not to mention double strike if needed. I like the KT stuff. My current crop. Pf9,p3at,cp33,su16c,ksg and soon pmr30. The only downfall is you have to shoot and clean them. 200 rd break in is a real thing. My p3at will reliably shoot steel case. Biggest problem with the small guns is you can't weak wrist them. Ill keep shooting them and buying them, if you can find them. Something to be said for that too.
    Nice! My current crop of KT’s: P32; P3AT; PF-9; CMR30; and KSG. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom