• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    After a day at the range, decided I wasn't going to be the only one cleaning guns. Thinking that was a mistake. Somehow during reassembly, the mainspring on the wife's mk3 22/45 got pushed up into the receiver and missed the hole entirely. Damn is it stuck. I think I'm gonna end up breaking something if I keep trying to force it out. Anyone ever had this problem and have a solution?
    c0dcd95f174afe3a4e9326670c89248b.jpg
    b9c2a1c387b5f1abbd1aa94a7b3eb761.jpg
    3a16ad8a6947c4eecdaa7e7b33f8415d.jpg
    31e60da1f421a9c894be1b1df27a86c7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Something similar happened to me. My comments are more encouragement than tutorial. I can't say with certainty mine was the same because when mine gave way I wasn't watching parts positions to avoid it happening again. It was very frustrating. The fact that you took on this cleaning procedure is proof you have the skill to make it right. This is not an easy break down for most people. I know some of these guns are decades old and have never been apart. If you keep at it when it gives way you'll never know how it got that way in the first place or how it corrected itself. You have two choices 1) to keep fiddling (it went into that position it will come out.) 2) take it to someone competent you trust (gunsmith). I guess a third choice is to do nothing, not. I wouldn't be too concerned with breaking anything. These are stout pistols. However, and this is my best advice, DON'T force anything. It went into that position without much help from you. It will give way that I feel sure of, that is if you decide to keep working at it. When it gives way, and it will, you'll say to yourself "damn I'm good." Best of luck and really that is all it takes a little luck.

Last edited:

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah, I don't usually have a problem but this is the first time it got assembled wrong. Yeah it went in there, but I don't know how it went in there. I wasn't the one doing it. I was supervising which makes it worse. I was cleaning a gsg 1911-22 and a Beretta m9a1 at the time, my daughter was cleaning a lever action Winchester .22 and a S&W M&P 22. The lever gun is a pain in the ass more than the Ruger usually and I was walking my daughter through that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom