Target Sports

Stripper clips, bandoliers for the AR-10?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    with the popularity of the AR-10/LR308/SR25...or whatever name we are using this month, i wondered if there were bandolier/stripper clip/speed loader sets to accomodate? anybody know of a place to get such?

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    No help, but back in the day surplus ADI came 800 rounds to a case; it was all on stripper clips, in bandoliers, in 4 ammo cans! I think I was paying $135 each case, I had 10 stacked up. Those were the good ole days!

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I will depend on the Mags. for the practical large frame AR. 308 stripper clips went the way of the M-14 , and , if you found any you would have to load them with either what equals M-80 , or M118LR / FGMM.
    Also depending on the makers of the large frame AR's , 20 Rd. Mags are available , usually plastic , but consider the weight of 20, 168 FGMM rounds and the weight of 30 77gn FGMM rounds.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I will depend on the Mags. for the practical large frame AR. 308 stripper clips went the way of the M-14 , and , if you found any you would have to load them with either what equals M-80 , or M118LR / FGMM.
    Also depending on the makers of the large frame AR's , 20 Rd. Mags are available , usually plastic , but consider the weight of 20, 168 FGMM rounds and the weight of 30 77gn FGMM rounds.
    ive stocked up on magpul 20 rounders. just thought it would be nice to get some of the ammo stripper clipped and bandoliered.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The FAL has an aftermarket receiver top cover that is cut for a stripper clip guide through the top. So there must be I would think some way to adapt or machine a stripper clip guide in the top of an AR10 receiver to get one of the Rock Island AR-10s that use FAL mags to take stripper clips. It would definitely be a labor of love and a one-off custom piece and you would probably ruin a few upper receivers before you got it right

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ive stocked up on magpul 20 rounders. just thought it would be nice to get some of the ammo stripper clipped and bandoliered.
    Combat load outs of ammo
    I hope he averaged 1 KIA per 1.5 rounds of the 600 M118 rounds he went through.
    Consider our AO ,2000 yds of open straight road before crossing either bridge , then ____ to a fall back position..
    BUT , hopefully , the Governor at the time the Fed. Govt. feels brave enough to come after out firearms will have called out the Fla. Nat. Guard , and the sheriff at that time will have the balls to stand tall with us.
    But, consider that how many of the military would follow such orders **
    It would be interesting to see the "woke" carrying M-4's wearing their low heel foot wear.
    A whole lot of deer hunters and "shooters" in TX, LA , MS, AL and GA.

** Don't forget all the military age illegal's they will have to arm.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Combat load outs of ammo
    Consider our AO ,2000 yds of open straight road before crossing either bridge , then ____ to a fall back position..
    BUT , hopefully , the Governor at the time the Fed. Govt. feels brave enough to come after out firearms will have called out the Fla. Nat. Guard , and the sheriff at that time will have the balls to stand tall with us.
    It would be interesting to see the "woke" carrying M-4's wearing their low heel foot wear.

and i have a very good view of the bridge on my end from my property.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Combat load outs of ammo

*A lot of Police Officers and Deputies are in the National Guard & Reserves or retired from there. (Myself included prior to retiring.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom