• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Need a horse
    Oh, no... They have personalties, and think for themselves. Machines, are much more obedient/reliable. Of course, leaning forward, grabbing and twisting an ear and starting your command with, "listen you @#$hole" seems to be understood by 99% of the species. Mares are much more willing to work with you, until she's "in season." Good luck :)

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Horses require daily attention if nothing else at feeding times. Been there done that and got tired of either having to be home or making sure a trustworthy friend was available to feed them. it was a great day when we got horses but it was abetter day when we got rid of them

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Horses require daily attention if nothing else at feeding times. Been there done that and got tired of either having to be home or making sure a trustworthy friend was available to feed them. it was a great day when we got horses but it was abetter day when we got rid of them
    Yep, my bride had 14 when I met her, soon after they had to go. Can't go do anything unless you have a horse sitter.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. Wife lived and dreamt that all her younger life. I do like 'em, but neither of us have ridden in years. They're like a big dog in many ways, and I do appreciate they have a mind/personality. I also think our dogs have cured my wife of wanting to own a horse.... She'd rather rent one now.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Need a horse

Some personal and some family member experience with owning/riding/care-taking horses for a couple decades.

In addition to the other good comments above, don't forget “maintenance”.

Do you live near a good equine veterinarian that makes house calls at 2am? Is he/she old and about to retire with no one to sell the practice to? Similar considerations for a good farrier.
    How far do you have to go for feed?
    Don’t forget about appropriate facilities (fences, acreage, ground conditions and vegetation cover, some kind of overhead shelter, etc).

I’d rather have a decent truck or SUV. Cheaper and less hassle in the long run. More versatile.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A firebrand Israeli minister claimed there’s "no such thing" as a Palestinian people as Israel's new coalition government, its most hard-line ever, plowed ahead on Monday with a part of its plan to overhaul the judiciary.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition said it was pushing a key part of the overhaul — which would give the coalition control over who becomes a justice or a judge — before the parliament takes a monthlong holiday break next week.

The development came a day after an Israeli and Palestinian delegation at a meeting in Egypt, mediated by Egyptian, Jordanian and U.S. officials, pledged to take steps to lower tensions roiling the region ahead of a sensitive holiday season.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Some personal and some family member experience with owning/riding/care-taking horses for a couple decades.

In addition to the other good comments above, don't forget “maintenance”.

Do you live near a good equine veterinarian that makes house calls at 2am? Is he/she old and about to retire with no one to sell the practice to? Similar considerations for a good farrier.
    How far do you have to go for feed?
    Don’t forget about appropriate facilities (fences, acreage, ground conditions and vegetation cover, some kind of overhead shelter, etc).

I’d rather have a decent truck or SUV. Cheaper and less hassle in the long run. More versatile.
    James has all that in spades!
    He needs a horse :)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    taken from facebook;

No body knows the hour nor the day Christ will return.
    But as evil and corrupt as our country has become, it makes me wonder how much longer God will continue to bless our country. Twenty years ago I never would have believed how evil our country would become. This country was founded by Europeans who were persecuted for their religious beliefs. And now our own government is guilty of the same things those people were escaping in Europe. We are one election away from total destruction !! And with Fox News getting rid of the most popular conservative speakers like Bill O'Reilly, and Judge Jeanine Pirro, its just a matter of time before conservative voters wont have a voice in what is truly going on in our country.

I will be 61 years old next month. I have lived a good life. I was born in a period of time that gave me the very best childhood you can imagine. Our teachers began every morning with a short Bible lesson and a prayer. We could walk a mile down the street at Radium Springs as young children without fear of being hurt. But the liberals decided to take the Bible out of our schools. They took the best manual for moral living out of our classrooms because they didnt believe in God.When I was a young boy the teachers prayed with us in the classrooms. After the democrats took prayer out of schools it was still ok for the children because back then families raised their children in church. But now fewer and fewer families take their young children to Sunday School and church.

I never heard of killers going into schools back in the 60's and shooting students. Thats because back then God was allowed in the classrooms. But the liberals thought God didnt belong in school with young children.So they got their way and removed prayer from our schools. These are the same democrats that believe it isnt politically correct to be Patriotic and love our country. The same democrats that believe grown men have the right to use the same restrooms with our daughters and grand daughters. These are the same democrats that believe it is a joyful occasion for women to have the right to murder their babies as they are being born.

Satan is alive and working nonstop in the hearts of these democrats who are the epitome of evil in our country. Fox News was the last real News Network that was bold enough to share the truth about what was really going on in our country. But since Roger Eugene Ailes, the founder of Fox News died, his liberal children have taken over and the Fox News that has become the most watched News Network in our country is changing.

Its just a matter of time before Christians and Conservatives will no longer have a voice in what goes on in our country. I have lived a good life but it scares the heck out of me to think of the world my children and grand children will soon be living in. And on top of all of this evil, the democrats want to take my guns so I cant protect my family from the animals that want to rob and kill us !!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fully moved out of the house, house sells 1400 on the 31st. Our new living room for a bit. Tmobile internet rocks. Ruko and prime, etc.. View attachment 216126 View attachment 216127 View attachment 216129 View attachment 216130 View attachment 216128
    Dang Bro, I envy you. I'd pack up tonight, and leave tomorrow, for the promise of starting over out in the sticks, somewhere. Wife and kids aren't that way, and I'm gettin' too old to drag 'em all. Good on ya!

Latest posts

Top Bottom