• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    CDC recommends that those fully vaccinated can now go without wearing a mask indoors!

Pre-CCP-virus, if a business REQUIRED a certain dress code for entry (and they'd provide the item if you didn't have one), was that legal?

If the dress code meant something that impaired your breathing, was it still legal?

You could always claim a medical exemption, and carry on without putting on the costume, right?

Once the gubernatorial edicts started flowing, did the mandatory costume rules become legally binding to the point of overriding medical exemptions?

And now, the Center for Dumbass Contradictions issues yet another anally-extracted opinion, and it means what exactly?

Nothing.

Wear your Covidiot Costume or don't.

The CDC is yet another three-letter agency run by political hacks who care more about opinion polls than doing their job and duty to this Nation and Constitution.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On another note, my dryer quit heating the other day. I took the back off and tested the continuity of every circuit and found it to be the timer. I removed the timer and found the part online for $80+. With that in mind and my minimal skill in electrical work, I said what the heck and took it apart. Two screws and I had the timer open and found a system of copper contacts that connected depending on the setting. I checked continuity of all the settings and found the contact making the error. A little polish with the wife’s thin nail file and the circuit now works. I know it will happen again, but at least it should buy me a few more years even if I have to do it every 6 months.

Just figured I’d share if anyone else runs into the same issues. Taking it apart, file, and put back together may have taken about 15mins at the most. Glad I didn’t just drop $80 for no reason.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    On another note, my dryer quit heating the other day. I took the back off and tested the continuity of every circuit and found it to be the timer. I removed the timer and found the part online for $80+. With that in mind and my minimal skill in electrical work, I said what the heck and took it apart. Two screws and I had the timer open and found a system of copper contacts that connected depending on the setting. I checked continuity of all the settings and found the contact making the error. A little polish with the wife’s thin nail file and the circuit now works. I know it will happen again, but at least it should buy me a few more years even if I have to do it every 6 months.

Just figured I’d share if anyone else runs into the same issues. Taking it apart, file, and put back together may have taken about 15mins at the most. Glad I didn’t just drop $80 for no reason.
    Man, that's awesome. By the way, Tops Appliances on Hwy 90 in Milton has a big "NOW HIRING" banner in their front window. Might be a good move for you. If the S ever HTF those kind of skills will be priceless

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got a text from my credit card company asking if I had charged $223 at some company that I didn’t recognize. Replied no then called them to find out someone in New York had somehow gotten my cc# and paid for their booze with it.
    Glad they caught it as I would hate to pay for a bottle that I didn’t even get a sip out of. Now I have to wait for a new card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Got a text from my credit card company asking if I had charged $223 at some company that I didn’t recognize. Replied no then called them to find out someone in New York had somehow gotten my cc# and paid for their booze with it.
    Glad they caught it as I would hate to pay for a bottle that I didn’t even get a sip out of. Now I have to wait for a new card

Yeah that sucks. That happened to my wife a half a dozen times at the same Wendy's, with a new card every time. I've been told here on the forum that the law won't do anything about it until it reaches a certain dollar amount of theft. Maybe your incident did

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I had to have a card replaced no less than 6 times in the past year or so for fraudulent purchases or attempted purchases. It's my primary online use card, but I never had problems until recently. Bank rep said a lot of card number thefts are traced to walmart.com, which I have used, but no more.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had to have a card replaced no less than 6 times in the past year or so for fraudulent purchases or attempted purchases. It's my primary online use card, but I never had problems until recently. Bank rep said a lot of card number thefts are traced to walmart.com, which I have used, but no more.

Walmart.com is where the first two credit card numbers were stolen but after that the wife an I haven’t ordered anything from them in a few years. This time it was either Amazon or Home Depot as those are the only places the cards were used since the last time we had to have them canceled and replaced.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    This just happened to my bride several days ago. Card canceled and new one sent. WTH? I thought all these chips and crap were supposed to stop this? Her fake charge was at Victoria's Secret online. Wells Fargo caught it at least. This is the 2nd or 3rd time in 6 months on that card.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have it happen at least once a year. I believe most of the time it's compromised when "it's taken to the back". I had a phony charge to a bunch in London once. So far as I know none of the phony uses were investigated.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have it happen at least once a year. I believe most of the time it's compromised when "it's taken to the back". I had a phony charge to a bunch in London once. So far as I know none of the phony uses were investigated.

One of the charges at Walmart.com was for a baby bed that was delivered to a street address and I don’t think it was ever investigated either

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had this happen several times within the past year myself. I hardly ever use my card at all except for gas or dinner just to show use so they keep the card active. Both times my card was used at a department store out of town to make a face to face purchase. The bank told me that both times the cards was cloned. They said that the phony cards had no chip so it was manually swiped at the checkout counter. I use the same gas station for the past several years. I doubt that is how the cards were compromised. The bank told me that they know for a fact that a lot of "skimming" is going on where people will take your card to pay your bill like when you go out to eat and they go behind the back and swipe your card with a skimmer which stores your c/c info then they just make a clone of your card without the chip. I always write See I.D. on the back of my card instead of my signature but nobody ever looks at the back of the card. Skimmers are real cheap and the sad part is that they are legal. I still use my card once in a while when I go out to eat but I DO NOT LET MY CARD OUT OF MY SIGHT. I follow them to the register and watch the process, then take my card back. I have never had anyone give me a hard time while doing this. They completely understand. With the high turnover these restaurants have with employees, it's no surprise this happens. The restaurant owners don't like it when this happens either because word gets around and they start losing business. Bottom line, don't let your c/c out of your sight and don't insert your card into a machine that you are not real familiar with. Always check the machine to see if anything appears odd or loose where you insert your card. When is doubt, use cash!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My card is only used for online shopping never been used for anything else but the cc#’s still get stolen
    Edit it’s kept in a metal sleeve

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've had this happen several times within the past year myself. I hardly ever use my card at all except for gas or dinner just to show use so they keep the card active. Both times my card was used at a department store out of town to make a face to face purchase. The bank told me that both times the cards was cloned. They said that the phony cards had no chip so it was manually swiped at the checkout counter. I use the same gas station for the past several years. I doubt that is how the cards were compromised. The bank told me that they know for a fact that a lot of "skimming" is going on where people will take your card to pay your bill like when you go out to eat and they go behind the back and swipe your card with a skimmer which stores your c/c info then they just make a clone of your card without the chip. I always write See I.D. on the back of my card instead of my signature but nobody ever looks at the back of the card. Skimmers are real cheap and the sad part is that they are legal. I still use my card once in a while when I go out to eat but I DO NOT LET MY CARD OUT OF MY SIGHT. I follow them to the register and watch the process, then take my card back. I have never had anyone give me a hard time while doing this. They completely understand. With the high turnover these restaurants have with employees, it's no surprise this happens. The restaurant owners don't like it when this happens either because word gets around and they start losing business. Bottom line, don't let your c/c out of your sight and don't insert your card into a machine that you are not real familiar with. Always check the machine to see if anything appears odd or loose where you insert your card. When is doubt, use cash!
    Bottom line is use cash. All that card theft is 100% preventable. Just say no to the crack card

Latest posts

Top Bottom