Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Stolen firearm (occurred either in Niceville or Navarre)

Reaction score
My apologies if this is the wrong forum to let people know about a stolen firearm but I thought it would be a good idea to give everyone a heads up.

Firearm: Smith and Wesson 642 Airweight

Serial #: CVE7685

Details: I purchased it approx 2 yrs ago and sold it to my friend/coworker who lived in Niceville. He recently moved from Niceville to Navarre. Once moved in, he and his wife discovered that the revolver was missing. More than likely one of the movers discovered it in the clothing drawer that they kept it in, and decided to steal it. My friend told me about it earlier this week and asked me if I knew the serial # so that he can report it. Fortunately I keep copies of all my records, though I also found out the store that did my FFL transfer still had it on file in case I couldn't find the paperwork. Once I passed him the serial # he filed a police report. He also notified the moving company and they told him to file a claim so they can reimburse him for it.

So I'm posting this in case someone happens to get an offer for the revolver. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Viking1204

Master
Reaction score
If and when I move again the only person touching my guns will be myself or a family member, no way in hell I'd ever trust those guys moving companies hire! Not to say they're all bud but in every crew there's a shady one or two IMO!

Jerry

Well Known Member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that the moving company stole the revolver, but can you identify the moving company that moved your friend?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be in the moving business.. if you have replacement value insurance, and IF the gun was on the inventory list, you have a good chance of recovering money, but doubtful the gun will ever surface..

if you did not have on the inventory, it doesn't sound good

Yoda

Shooter
Reaction score
I drove 24 hours across country to move. Back seat was loaded with clothes, trunk was full of weapons & ammo. Didn't lose a thing!

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom