Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2 of 3 approved this morning

Form 1 "free" stamp on pistol-to-sbr conversion

Submitted 01/25/23
    Paper Prints Delivered 02/07/2023
    Approved 03/20/2023

No ATF/DEA/FBI on my doorstep shooting my dog or putting me in cuffs. Imagine that

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been a few years ago now but I bought 2 cans on the same day, 1 took 11months, the other took 13. So, hurry up and wait. You'll get there.

Eforms were great at first, but then they got through the inital backlog and seem to have created another.

Ugafan84

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I’m officially on the waitlist today for my two suppressors. Currently says a 9 month wait for approval so hopefully it will be just in time for Christmas. Took me a month to get all of my stuff together for the trust so I had a self imposed wait on my end.

Ugafan84

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any thoughts on a single shot trust?
    My buddy went with a single shot trust but from my understanding you can only use it for one suppressor. I went with a trust that I bought from Grey Man that I could put 3 trustees on it and also as many suppressors that I buy. Since I bought 2 at the same time it seemed like the trust that I got fit my needs better. I can add to it as I buy more down the road also without spending anymore money.

dirtingd

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No you can use it for as many as you like.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well I’m officially on the waitlist today for my two suppressors. Currently says a 9 month wait for approval so hopefully it will be just in time for Christmas. Took me a month to get all of my stuff together for the trust so I had a self imposed wait on my end.
    I project late February...just my experience using a similar situation

Ugafan84

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That’s not what was explained to me on it. It’s certainly confusing because I was gonna go that route but was told I needed to buy 2 of the single shot trust for each suppressor. So I just went ahead and went with the traditional trust.

kylo1597

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The benefits of a Single Shot Trust include:

• The flexibility of adding different responsible parties, or trustees, to different trusts once each NFA transfer is approved by the ATF
    • The ease of filing as an individual because no responsible parties are listed initially on the Trust
    • Benefit of adding or removing responsible parties with an addendum, provided by Silencer Shop at no additional expense
    • One NFA item per Trust, custom serialized by suppressor for simplicity
    • A trust generated by a top gun trust attorney, legal in every state it’s legal to own a suppressor excluding IA and VT - and specifically designed to NFA purchases
    • A trust exclusive to Silencer Shop, when Form 4 applications are processed and submitted by Silencer Shop

I went with their full trust, so i can add as many NFA items as i want. And i can use it with any vendor i want.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    It still costs 200 for the stamp for each suppressor. Other than listing multiple people, I see no reason a trust would benefit me.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Single-shot trust (SilencerShop has an unlimited option so you don’t keep paying for each trust), is one NFA item per trust. It allows you to file the Form-4 by yourself (just your fingerprints, photos, etc). It allows you to ADD other trustees/people at a later date, after the form is approved and stamped, without having to notify the three-letter jackasses. The ability to have other people on the trust allows flexibility for possession, transportation, storage, use, etc.

I think the single-shot trusts are totally worth it.

Sure, each item has its own bundle of paperwork to travel with it. Big deal. Print multiple pages per sheet of paper, double-sided, etc. If paperwork is a deal-breaker, then NFA items aren’t for you...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    2 of 3 approved this morning

Form 1 "free" stamp on pistol-to-sbr conversion

Submitted 01/25/23
    Paper Prints Delivered 02/07/2023
    Approved 03/20/2023

No ATF/DEA/FBI on my doorstep shooting my dog or putting me in cuffs. Imagine that
    Did you get an actual stamp with the sbr pistol?? So you can add a stock and vertical grip?

Top Bottom