Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Stamp Waiters' Support Group

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

no woryz

Reaction score
Yes, they tell you if it’s ongoing or if there is a problem.... they could identify a problem in the process and take months to notify the FFL... you’ll need the serial# & names on the application before they give you basic info... the FFL listed can get additional info from them.

MrFish

Reaction score
I called to see how long it was going to be "Pending Research" and the guy on the phone said I needed to hit the "Ask the Experts" button on EForms. The guy from there was a 1000x more helpful than calling. Guy on the phone just wanted to get off the phone.

John B.

Reaction score
I've only called 1x on the 10 NFA items I have. It was a form 1 SBR lower that was ar around 35 days when the average wait was 15-20... turns out I fubbed the serial number up and it was denied. After talking with the gentleman, I resubmitted while on the phone with him, and was approved in 5 minutes. Fastest NFA item approval ever. The original form 1 was refunded about 3 days later.

No reason to call them unless it's your first time applying, and your wait is 10 months+ (form 4 obviously,)

All they're going to say is "it's still pending"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrFish

Reaction score
I'm at 18 days from when it went to "Submitted" on a Form 1. It was "Pending Research" for 10 days.

John B.

Reaction score
My February submissions should be getting close!

It does seem like there's a significant delay from approval to stamp in hand, somewhere around 45 days or so.

ksenter

Reaction score
Got the call today. Stamp is in! Approved July 20th, almost exactly 4 month approval on form 4 approval

Purchased 3/17 or 3/18.
Check cashed 4/15
Approved 7/20
Got the call 8/07
Hopefully picking up 08/08

Jester896

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if the Sheriff Dept will ever let me get a finger print card to send mine off...almost made it there before Covid hit.

John B.

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if the Sheriff Dept will ever let me get a finger print card to send mine off...almost made it there before Covid hit.
Roll your own. ATF will send you the cards for free.

stage20

Reaction score
Got the call today. Stamp is in! Approved July 20th, almost exactly 4 month approval on form 4 approval

Purchased 3/17 or 3/18.
Check cashed 4/15
Approved 7/20
Got the call 8/07
Hopefully picking up 08/08
Am I invited?

ksenter

Reaction score
Am I invited?
you can head over right now and help with moving, haha. We'll be moving today and next weekend so not much "fun time" to be had currently. Sidenote: all my ammo has been packed away and I did too efficient of a job with no wasted deadspace in the bins I used, so I'm afraid to unpack them. If I go shoot anytime soon it'll be with freshly purchased ammo as I'm not touching these bins. Not to mention I dont wanna pick them up or move them around anymore than I need to....that weight adds up quick!

Toggle Sidebar