• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tried out the CCI Quiet-22 40 gr 710fps ammo today in my Kimber hunter...it seems to like it! "Squirrel its what for dinner!"

Very good ammo, squirrels and birds didn't take flight after a shot..which came in handy since I missed once!

You will definitely have to re-sight your 22lr, but once that was done this stuff is deadly accurate, consistent and does the JOB!

Chaos

Attachments

• IMG_1898.JPG
      IMG_1898.JPG
      150.7 KB · Views: 212

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those squirrels look huge.. I just got a 17HMR and I am ready to get it sighted in to do some squirrel/ varmit hunting.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those squirrels look huge.. I just got a 17HMR and I am ready to get it sighted in to do some squirrel/ varmit hunting.

heist the difference in ur pic with 17 HMR is that the heads will b missing or they will b cut in half! The HMR is a nasty ass hard core round!

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to agree with Stanley13, you will want to make sure it is a head shot and then I'm not sure what will be left!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HMR is what I use half the time and love it. But I would also like to know how the Quiet cci compares the Aquila super cobri nose wise?

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was my first time using subsonic 22 ammo, but I will have to tell you, the stuff I was using is ultra quiet, I was really surprised, hopefully some else will post and they will be able to answer your question.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mark, that stuff that you are using is similar to the older CCI CB-EE ammo. It was a short but IIRC they came in a long also for better feeding. I believe that it was a tiny bit faster than 710 but could be wrong about that. I have an older Mossberg bolt gun that would shoot them just fine and I used to do chipmunk and red squirrel eradication around some of the seasonal camps when I lived in Maine. I also had a buyer(Mepp's Lure Co.)for the red squirrel tails.

With what you are using would mitigate the meat damage somewhat if you can put a shot on them that will make them fall. With a 17HMR I would think that you would have to make a mid-body shot to have anything left to eat since the front shoulders and the rear quarters are about all you eat.

Looks like that ammo is working out fine for you. Probably has something to do with that fine rifle also. Good shootin' and great eatin'. --- SAWMAN

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Read it doesn't work well in semi-autos - won't cycle them reliably. Gemtech (Little Jacks had some) review was that it worked well in a number of semi-automatics including the Ruger 10/22 and 22/45 lite if your planning on using other than a bolt action.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bill, I had forgot about Mepps buying tails, I too sent in Fox, Red and Black squirrel tails back in the day! I wonder if they still buy them? Hmmm I will have to find out..

The Kimber Hunter used to be Fowlhunters dads rifle. It is super accurate and has a great trigger..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I sold Mepp's well over 800 red squirrel tales over the years. Towards the end I was camp security at some very rural,seasonal sporting camps. No gray squirrels where I lived but the reds and chipmunks would make up for them quite easily. Sold several red fox tails also. I would routinely get 3-5 red squirrels from every camp that I visited. This,day after day,after day,after day, ......etc,etc ........

Yeah,everyone thinks of pistols when they think of Kimber. Actually ........ I feel that they make a better rifle than they do pistol. --- SAWMAN

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 1000 rounds of this ammo. CCI 40 grain 710 FPS if someone would like to trade it for standard velocity.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Good job on the tree rats Mark. I have about 20 or 30 rounds of the CCI CB cap rounds left, and if all is all Bill says (which I believe) that is some quiet ammo.

Top Bottom