• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Bought another box of #6 hi bird at walmart (boooooo!) $10. Today thinking about squirrel and biscuits while shopping.
    I'm gonna have to look around for one of those 24's in 12ga/??

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If you were real good you would use your Kentucky long rifle and bark the squirrels.

(Who knows hunting history?)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Yes n yes
    .....being the cheaply I am.. I quickly ditched the shotgun for a high powered scoped air rifle and camo

.. Maybe I didn't cook right?
    At eleven years old I was gifted my first squirrel killer, a Daisy 880, and I still have it almost 30 years later

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yesterday late afternoon. Saw 2, got the 2, heard 4, saw none of the 4. I so enjoy squirrel hunting and being out in the woods. Bring mosquito spray!

F04A4109-9EA0-41D5-8DBE-00F986E0C887.jpeg

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    At eleven years old I was gifted my first squirrel killer, a Daisy 880, and I still have it almost 30 years later
    crossman powermaster 760 at 12

later in life a career 707 ..22cal.. 1250 ft per second big scope... rifled... accurate, blow holes plum thru squirrels at forty yards

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    crossman powermaster 760 at 12

later in life a career 707 ..22cal.. 1250 ft per second big scope... rifled... accurate, blow holes plum thru squirrels at forty yards
    That's right! Up in Maine I had a 22 cal Diana side cocker and then a 22 cal break barrel, but I sold them in the move to come down here before I got a chance to use them on anything other than pine cones! Complete coincidence I still had the 880 behind the seat in my truck this morning, from cleaning out my cargo trailer I used to move back home. Also my son's first and second air rifles under it, next to my daughter's Crosman bolt action pneumatic pistol. Her Crosman pistol is every bit as accurate and fast as my old 880!

Attachments

• 20201022_072012.jpg
      20201022_072012.jpg
      1,005.6 KB · Views: 96
    • 20201022_072835.jpg
      20201022_072835.jpg
      875.5 KB · Views: 96

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That's right! Up in Maine I had a 22 cal Diana side cocker and then a 22 cal break barrel, but I sold them in the move to come down here before I got a chance to use them on anything other than pine cones! Complete coincidence I still had the 880 behind the seat in my truck this morning, from cleaning out my cargo trailer I used to move back home. Also my son's first and second air rifles under it, next to my daughter's Crosman bolt action pneumatic pistol. Her Crosman pistol is every bit as accurate and fast as my old 880!
    Were yours rifled...? My 760 was not...

career 707 had a match barrel

have a .25 marauder in the box ...Yeeeeeeeeeeha.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Rather overcast this morning with an occasional breeze, but time in the woods vs not being out....

Went to my friend's 20 acres, this time venturing more into the denser areas. Squirrels seem a little smaller/normal size than those on the edges/more open areas. If my count is right, heard 4 barking, but didn't see any of them. Saw 9, got shots at 3 and got those 3. 1 took 2 shots...jumped to another limb just as I shot, so I got him with the other barrel. As with the previous squirrels there, today's squirrels were also skittish.

C3F4761A-0215-4A0D-B131-39CD6C8897DC.jpeg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    This morning. Sat in a spot I'd seen squirrels at before. Sure enough, one appeared and I got it. Moved to another area and heard one barking. Waited and waited and finally it moved and I spotted it...2nd squirrel down. Heard another, but could never see it. Saw a 3rd, but got only a glimpse. Went home.
    76A32DC7-7C16-41BC-8383-40C52AFEC11E.jpeg

Last edited:

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got one this morning and was so proud of myself with the mossberg plinkster. Proceded to miss 5 this afternooon. I suck, but a deep fried squirrel and roasted sweet potato made for a nice dinner. My 8 yr old daughter ate a hind leg and asked for more! Time to go back to the shotgun lol

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yesterday I figured I'd better walk the property perimeter in case any trees fell on the pasture fence. Decided to carry a .22 rifle and take my "farm dog". Of course the goats followed and the dog happily ran around all of us. Goats aren't thrilled with the dog, but know him so they don't panic, and he knows to keep at least 3' from goats as they will whack him with their horns (whacked as a puppy, he quickly learned, part of his upbringing). Spotted a squirrel, shot it, and as it hit the ground, the dog was on it in a flash. Was concerned he might grab and run with it, so I gave him the "leave it" command (a Very useful command to teach a dog). Cleaned it and put in the freezer another 4-pack of squirrels. A good morning it turned out to be with no trees down on the fence.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    This last Saturday was the last day I had permission to hunt a neighbor's property across the road from me (he doesn't want anyone there disturbing the deer closer to gun season). No problem with that restriction; his property, his rules. I'd been trying to get permission for years. This year I suggested how about I only hunt through October, and he agreed. Anyway, on the last day I watched 4 squirrels to the north about 40yd off the boundary of the area he let me be in...they stayed to the north. However, I heard one barking in the squirrel hunting zone (~25yd deep and the width of my property long). I waited and waited, and it finally moved where I could see it...got it for a total of 6 squirrels taken on the neighbor's property. I thanked my neighbor and gave him a report on squirrels taken and deer seen. Hopefully I get to hunt next season. Rather nice to simply walk across the road and be hunting in a squirrel rich area.

Top Bottom