• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ace

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good Afternoon everyone. I had never been squirrel hunting before this season but I really wanted to get my 10 year old daughter in the woods so I'm doing my best to learn to squirrel hunt public land from Escambia to Santa Rosa.

A couple issues I'm running into are it seems a lot of the rivers such as Escambia are very thick a more easily accessed by boat, and black water seems to have majority pines and little oaks or other hardwoods.

If anyone has any tips on hunting these local lands or any areas I should check that they would be happy to share I'd be extremely grateful.

I'd also pay to use private land if that's an option for anyone. Thanks everyone and happy holidays!

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Escambia river near the range has a lot of squirrels. I would take road to boat dock and walk under the bridge! The only issue is when it floods! Haven’t been out so not sure!
    Took my daughter when she was 12 or so! She had shot 22’s and was pretty good but when fuzzy came out, she wasn’t having it! I coaxed her a little but didn’t push and she wouldn’t!-:). Oh well.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I haven’t squirrel hunted in years but I would find roads that go along the Escambia River, park and walk in the woods/swamp.
    I’m thinking around that ramp near Mineral Springs might be a likely spot.

DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just a heads up. If you hunt Blackwater Still Hunt you will currently need a quota to hunt anything during December 16-24 & January 22 through February 7. (Small game goes to March 3rd)

I don’t think Escambia River has a quota.

BLACKWATER

ESCAMBIA RIVER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to shoot the nest and dad would shoot th runners or find yourself a magnolia thicket and set down next to a tree and be still and quite dad said all you have to loose is a little time the squirrel might loose his life

• Haha
    Reactions: FLT

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom