• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not heard any talk about a .40 cal XDs but I just noticed this on the back of my holster.

xdsholster.jpg

Attachments

• xdsholster.jpg
      xdsholster.jpg
      174.5 KB · Views: 164

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My understanding is the .40 is coming. I haven't heard a date yet. But the .45 was first, then the 9mm a year later. The holster will fit them all since they're the same size. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the frame and slide are the same size on the 9mm as they are on the .45.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the XDs was first announced I remember them saying it would eventually be available in all 3 calibers.

Cheap shot alert: I will be buying an XDs in .45 this weekend. If anyone has one they want to sell (In FL) please let me know before I purchase NIB.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the XDs was first announced I remember them saying it would eventually be available in all 3 calibers.

Cheap shot alert: I will be buying an XDs in .45 this weekend. If anyone has one they want to sell (In FL) please let me know before I purchase NIB.

If you spend some time you can occasionally find someone who just didn't like the recoil wanting to get rid of theirs. But for the most part, everyone I've talked to that owned one will never get rid of it. You sure won't regret your purchase this weekend. My advice, go ahead and order some talon grips. The grip texture is quite rough on the hands, but the talon grips are an instant fix for about $18.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I haven't found anyone yet that doesn't love theirs. Just thought I'd try to save a little on FFL fees and taxes. More money to spend on ammo and that damned holster JohnAL showed me at the last gun show.:biggrin1:

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which holster might this be? I got a decent hybrid but I'm always looking for something better.

Sent from my XDs

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a thought..and I could easily b wrong..but if MOST of the specs r the same and the .45 holds 5+1 and the 9mm hold 7+1 what is the .40 gona hold??..is 1 more bullet w the same (or worse) recoil worth it over .45??..or is the 1 less bullet worth having over the 9 (which prolly has very little recoil)(I haven't shot either so I can't speak on recoil)..now all that assumes that it will b 6+1..I kno there r plenty of .40 lovers out there but it doesn't seem worth it to me..like another thread said..45..y pull the trigger more than once??

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm trying to consolidate commonality of calibers.

I'd rather have a buttload of one caliber than scattered boxes of three. After studying everything I decided on .45ACP to be reasonable.

Why?

Because they don't make a .46.

OK, that was just silly, but I have plans for other purchases in the future and they'll all be .45. I have a hard time keeping track of stuff so I'm trying to narrow my needs down.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've recently made the switch to all .45 except for one 9 that my roommate keeps in her car. Its much easier that way.

Sent from my XDs

Top Bottom