• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    MAY 18, 2021
    Springfield Armory® has taken its Hellcat® pistol — the smallest, highest capacity micro-compact 9mm handgun in the world — and increased its already impressive capacity with the new 15-round Hellcat magazine. The result is a micro-sized 9mm pistol with an astounding 15+1 capacity comparable to compact and duty-sized pistols, yet in a package that is smaller than similarly configured, lower-capacity competitors.

The new magazine, which is only slightly longer than the 13-round extended version, is currently available directly from Springfield Armory with an MSRP of $39.95 and will soon be available from Springfield retailers as well. It is offered in both black and Desert FDE.

1621347877605.png

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Why not just get a mag extension? Gotta be cheaper.
    Not everything should be measured in terms of the least expensive way to get the job accomplished. If you buy a Springfield magazine and it fails you call Springfield and they will make it right. That goes for any of the major US manufactures. If an aftermarket extension fails, and I don't even know if they are being made or who might be making them, your Springfield warranty does not apply, it even might be null and void because you used aftermarket parts. A police officer friend once told me his department would let them use their own semi auto weapon of choice on duty, the only caveat was the magazines carried and used had to be the manufacturers branded magazines. After market magazines were prohibited. That was shared with me thirty years ago and I still consider it went I carry.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's "slightly longer"? Is it a few thousandths or a quarter inch plus? I envision a flat coil spring that may even compress within itself to some degree like a coiled rope. Pretty cool addition for carry gun that's already a top seller in a very competitive sector of the market.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    What's "slightly longer"? Is it a few thousandths or a quarter inch plus? I envision a flat coil spring that may even compress within itself to some degree like a coiled rope. Pretty cool addition for carry gun that's already a top seller in a very competitive sector of the market.
    You make a good point when you call the Hellcat a top selling carry gun in a competitive market. It was designed for self defense concealed carry. If it were designed for competitive range use only and not a duty weapon aftermarket magazine extensions might work fine. But when you're in a defensive situation and your life depends on your weapon, do you go for an aftermarket part? Do you cheap out? I think police armors are very aware the weakest part of a semi auto is the magazine. That's why they insist on manufacturer branded parts. IMO

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    The question was asked "what's slightly longer?" This video will show it's about a floor plates width wider than the 13 round. I found a 10 minute video on the new Springfield 15 round magazine. If a picture is worth a thousand words, than a video is worth 5K words. The influencer also compares the flush, the 13 round and the 15 round magazine for the Hellcat. In addition, a great new way to carry an extra steel magazine from NeoMag Magazine Carrier.

Top Bottom