• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone else still getting any spotted fawns on ur cameras? I went out yesterday and changed out the sd card from a camera I've had out since january. Figured the batteries would be dead, but it still had 2 bars out of 4 bars, and had almost 4k pics with more available gb's for more. Anyway, I had 2 bright spotted fawns with their mama on Dec 2d and the spots were lighter in color on Dec 15, but still very distinguishable spots.
    Way late in the year for spotted fawns, but then again with the weather the way it's been, nothing surprises me. Even got a pic of a albino squirrel. Not a true albino, as the eyes are black, not pink.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We’ve got a set of twins up at the farm that are still in spots. And you are right it’s way late for spots.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone else still getting any spotted fawns on ur cameras? I went out yesterday and changed out the sd card from a camera I've had out since january. Figured the batteries would be dead, but it still had 2 bars out of 4 bars, and had almost 4k pics with more available gb's for more. Anyway, I had 2 bright spotted fawns with their mama on Dec 2d and the spots were lighter in color on Dec 15, but still very distinguishable spots.
    Way late in the year for spotted fawns, but then again with the weather the way it's been, nothing surprises me. Even got a pic of a albino squirrel. Not a true albino, as the eyes are black, not pink.
    The albino/white squirrels are interesting. They have been showing up in pensacola neighborhoods for years. Surprised that white ones are present in the wild. When young the larger hawks take a lot of squirrels.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not really that unusual to see spotted fawns this time of year.
    I have seen them the first couple weeks of Feb.
    If the doe is not bread or the breeding does not take,she will come into estrus again. Has nothing to do with the WX. Neither does when the rut starts. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Night hunting this time of year,we see deer that are super small. Smaller than a coyote.
    I cannot tell if they are spotted or not with my thermals but they are tiney. Guessing - -> about 30lbs or a little less.
    I have not seen one nursing as I recall though. --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Still have a spotted fawn time stamp 31 Jan 2021. The spots are fading out, but still visible. I inadvertently deleted pics from a different camera, and there were 2 spotted fawns, still white spots. Those pics were on 20 jan 2021.
    But I'm sure this one is the same fawn, but it's sibling is missing, so maybe it's not the same?

IMAG2055.JPG

IMAG2059.JPG

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Still have a spotted fawn time stamp 31 Jan 2021. The spots are fading out, but still visible. I inadvertently deleted pics from a different camera, and there were 2 spotted fawns, still white spots. Those pics were on 20 jan 2021.
    But I'm sure this one is the same fawn, but it's sibling is missing, so maybe it's not the same?

Venison Veal? ;)

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    here's 'ole Knot Jaw. Must've got a twig or something lodge in her jaw or caught a sticker off one of those big bamboo wait-a-minute vines. Then infection set-in. Maybe a infested tick? Whatever it is, it's bigger than a golf ball.
    Got a smaller one on her rump end too, same deer.

IMAG0136.JPG

IMAG0206.JPG

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've heard of a large population of white squirrels in Bagdad

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    here's 'ole Knot Jaw. Must've got a twig or something lodge in her jaw or caught a sticker off one of those big bamboo wait-a-minute vines. Then infection set-in. Maybe a infested tick? Whatever it is, it's bigger than a golf ball.
    Got a smaller one on her rump end too, same deer.

View attachment 106280

View attachment 106282

Looks more like a tumor. Any GMO crops around there? My Pop retired from Monsanto, and to his dying day had my Mema out gardening and providing vegetables for the whole extended family. They wouldn't touch GMO crops with a 10 foot stick. Never talked about it, and I was too young to know the difference to even know to ask about it. Twenty years later, now its all over the news online that GMO crops are cancer and organ failure in a can. I wonder what he'd seen

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Might cut them from the herd, just in case they're some inbreeding and passing a virus, disease or maybe a cancer?
    I'll keep up with them and their health by cams. If they get worse, I'll check with fwc and see if they want them to test. Otherwise........ :(

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We’ve got a set of twins up at the farm that are still in spots. And you are right it’s way late for spots.
    may be their mommas where in quarantine and where late meeting up with bucks this past year. or its due to global warming. or because of the election year last year. or its just one of those things.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've got a theory, not to be confused with a conspiracy, lol. It's only a theory. I'm thinking maybe the moms are 1st year mating does.
    At the 1st rut, if a doe isn't bred, she will come into heat 30 days later, which could be in February or March.

So I think on that 2d rut (of adult does), some of the 1st year mating does come into heat their 1st time, and again 30 days later, if not bred.
    That could put them (mating does) out into April or even May being bred.

Maybe climate change, but the rut is based on shortness in daylight, not from temperatures. And from my cams, when the temps were really hot, the deer were moving and breeding during the cooler night temps. Sure, I had pics of deer moving during those hot days, but it was primarily early mornings, late evenings.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It happens, perhaps I just started noticing it as of late. I have more time now that we are in the COVID-19 lock down.

Top Bottom