Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad these are not found locally

1611341025080.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    By the time I get done cutting that thing and dancing on its head they'd have to glue the mince meat back together like McDonald's chicken nuggets

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By the time I get done cutting that thing and dancing on its head they'd have to glue the mince meat back together like McDonald's chicken nuggets
    They have a range of at least 6 feet so what ever you do, do it from a distance.
    The venom is quite harmful to the eyes.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I know africans eat python, never heard of people eating cobras, but would not be surprised if they did.
    No one seems to eat water moccasins/
    I thought about it once. The one time out of dozens killed that I actually shot one instead of using a blade, and thus could be relatively sure it hadn't bitten itself or otherwise released venom. But nobody in the canoe trip wanted to stop long enough to cook it up

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm thinking water moccasin might taste like it smells, so that puts it in the "only if I had to" category for me. Same with gar, gator, turtle, any of those critters that live in the mud. That's just me, though.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm thinking water moccasin might taste like it smells, so that puts it in the "only if I had to" category for me. Same with gar, gator, turtle, any of those critters that live in the mud. That's just me, though.
    You just ain't been hungry enough yet. You just wait. Wait until the Democrats start passing around the Hoover Chicken at the soup line
    Screenshot_20210122-132237_Chrome.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gator is good to eat. I once purchased a gar steak and it was not bad. The bad smell from a moccasin is from secretions they release when they are upset. I am not able to smell it, but others can. I never heard of anyone eating one and being predators that might have quite a load of toxic pollutants in them. Crawfish live in the mud and pigs wallow in it. They are good to eat.
    The japanese will not eat crawfish because they live in the mud, but will eat other wiggly things that are still alive.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's right. Plenty of food out there. Just gotta be able to recognize it as food
    I am thinking american POWs in Korea. They were offered the same food as what the chinese were eating and many would not eat it. They got weak and often succumbed to illnesses.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I am thinking american POWs in Korea. They were offered the same food as what the chinese were eating and many would not eat it. They got weak and often succumbed to illnesses.
    A Vietnamese MRE was a ball of rice with sugar on top. It's called rice crispies treats, fruity pebbles and crispix nowadays. Take away the fancy packaging or food coloring and people get lost

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A Vietnamese MRE was a ball of rice with sugar on top. It's called rice crispies treats, fruity pebbles and crispix nowadays. Take away the fancy packaging or food coloring and people get lost
    Does not sound good for your teeth, but it would keep reasonably well in the heat and give one some calories.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Maine Primitive Skills School is a fellow Marine operating on his private property on the Kennebec River watershed. I barely mentioned interest in being shown where their wild rice was on the river and from the look on their faces you would have thought I'd called the Pope a satanist

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    They're one of the top ten schools in the nation. I'm also proud to say a fellow Mainer won a season of Alone with like almost 3 months in the wilderness with no outside help. It's no coincidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom