• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love the locomotive sound!
    In this case he is trying to sound like I think a pack of blood hounds on the trail. In those days the county side was full men out of work and it was common to arrest such for vagrancy and put them on the county chain gang working free usually for a good friend of the sheriff and it was not uncommon for such people to run.
    I kbwq an Irish American that left chicago as a teenager and said he ran away from a chain gang in Mississippi. Somewhere in Louisiana he begged a woman for food and she said she only had a jar of jam in the house and she let him have some of it. Times were hard and I sure hope we never return to such hard times in this country.

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any music lovers here? What songs get your blood flowing??

I've got so many to list...one particular makes me wanna work out or fight every time I hear it (walk-pantera)
    I have a lot of other music I listen to on the way to work to start out in a good mood for the day..
    Lets hear it, whatcha got!?

Here's a great one. WARNING: Strong language

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In this case he is trying to sound like I think a pack of blood hounds on the trail. In those days the county side was full men out of work and it was common to arrest such for vagrancy and put them on the county chain gang working free usually for a good friend of the sheriff and it was not uncommon for such people to run.
    I kbwq an Irish American that left chicago as a teenager and said he ran away from a chain gang in Mississippi. Somewhere in Louisiana he begged a woman for food and she said she only had a jar of jam in the house and she let him have some of it. Times were hard and I sure hope we never return to such hard times in this country.
    What year/years are we talking about that this took place?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What year/years are we talking about that this took place?
    Especially during the great depression. 1930-1941. Those were extremely desperate years. 50% of the country was out of work. Farmers were burning their crops because they could not sell them. This is what made FDR almost an emperor and after he died they restricted presidents to two terms only.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Especially during the great depression. 1930-1941. Those were extremely desperate years. 50% of the country was out of work. Farmers were burning their crops because they could not sell them. This is what made FDR almost an emperor and after he died they restricted presidents to two terms only.
    Then there at about the same time the dust bowl migrants from it went everywhere from california to NyY.
    1605552055654.png

Okies migrating out of the dustbowl having lost their farms.
    1605552130910.png

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love these trains! Now I am relating to these farmers except I am preparing to go from the urban hardship ( spiritually and socially )to a hopefully farm life.
    Thank you for sharing that!

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We saw them live in Tampa.
    Amazing!
    I saw them in Penascola in 05. Great band, great energy, amazing show. I really was a huge fan until Corey Taylor (and other band members) exposed himself as a Trump hating, blm loving, riot supporting libtard. He even wrote a book about it. I've always believed in the "to each his own" motto, I draw the line when entertainers use their platform to spew poison though. They are dead to me.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, FrommerStop, The HU are Mongolian nationals!
    I saw them live in Tampa in a small venue and that throat sound was an amazing experience to have so close up...something very primordial and even spiritual rises up inside.

That video also reminded me of your Conan the Barbarian videos you post.

How the Mongolians were so dominant and are now almost obscure is amazing.

At least they got to keep their land and identity.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, FrommerStop, The HU are Mongolian nationals!
    I saw them live in Tampa in a small venue and that throat sound was an amazing experience to have so close up...something very primordial and even spiritual rises up inside.

That video also reminded me of your Conan the Barbarian videos you post.

How the Mongolians were so dominant and are now almost obscure is amazing.

At least they got to keep their land and identity.
    Nations rise and they fall. Long story abut the mongols and likely those being the tribes that became the mongols still survive is no one really wants that land. An offshoot of them called the golden horde did remain on the asian steppes for a long time. The Slavic areas near and on the steppes suffered badly during those times during long periods of raiding. Inner Mongolia is now part of China and IIRC the Han chinese now are a big part of the population. " When the autonomous region was established in 1947, Han Chinese comprised 83.6% of the population, while the Mongols comprised 14.8% of the population.[54] By 2010, the percentage of Han Chinese had dropped to 79.5%. "

The Golden Horde was the group of settled Mongols who ruled over Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldova, and the Caucasus from the 1240s until 1502.

Mongol Origins

The Golden Horde, also known as the Kipchat Khanate was a political entity established in the 13 century and ruled initially by Batu Khan. Batu Khan was the grandson of the Mongol ruler Genghis Khan and inherited a sub-khanate of the Mongol Empire after the death of his father Jochi in 1227. Baku set about successfully expanded the Mongol Empire in a series of sweeping campaigns that included the sacking of Kiev in 1240. It was after the conquest of Rus that he established the Golden Horde in the north west sector of the Mongolian Empire. The demographic of the Golden Horde was a mix of Turkish and Mongolian ethnicity with the latter comprising the majority of the aristocracy.

The Horde at its Peak

At the peak of its power around 1310 the Khanates territory exceeded 6 million square kilometers including most of Eastern Europe and extending into parts of Siberia. In the south the empire extended to the Black Sea.
    1607263863741.png

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

loves me sum Aaron Lewis...

Top Bottom