• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The problem is sounds about 100 db are still quite audible. I have quiet ammo in .22 rifles that is much quieter.
    I have a bit of this on hand in solid format and even some in segment hp. Good for hunting and it has enough power to penetrate a human skull it if hits at a direct angle. Makes a good round for quiet hunting so people will not know that you are around and requires no paper work. Does not work in a semiauto rifle and must be used in long barreled weapons to be quiet.
    View attachment 98113

I'll be looking for these ty for tip. I had brought up with the wife recently about maybe getting a bow or xbow. Whichever is best for a novice

Bucklowery

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have done two form 1. I done the 22 from solvent trap. Quiet bore. They worked great on pistol and rifle. I am wanting on parts for the second one
    Really easy paperwork in 30 days

Thanks

Buck

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have done two form 1. I done the 22 from solvent trap. Quiet bore. They worked great on pistol and rifle. I am wanting on parts for the second one
    Really easy paperwork in 30 days

Thanks

Buck
    Which solvent trap did you go with for the 22? I'm thinking on doing the same thing for my M&P 15-22.

TRTXHunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A buddy of mine hunts hogs daily in TX for ranchers. He uses km tactical "solvent trap" kits (NFA stamped and approved) on his AR's with thermal sights. He swears he'll never buy name brand again, since these are a tenth of the price and yield good results.

Olopez

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What would be a good suggestion for a 223 solvent trap suppressor? Does anyone have experience using the steel tubes and baffles vs the titanium ones? If so what would be the biggest advantages/ disadvantages?

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I would like to find a good modular one. JK is too much $$.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You'll want titanium or steel on a 223 due to speed. Don't even think of using alum. as it will burn up. The steel is heavier, the titanium is lighter but it's more expensive. You can get all the parts to make them online but you can't drill until you get your Form 1 back and have the tube engraved. This process takes 2-3 weeks generally and you can do it all yourself. You can order fingerprint cards from the ATF and get the kit from Amazon to roll your own. Be sure to set it up under a trust and add your family on it. It's easier to add friends or other members to it with a simple notary if you want to loan it out.

Those fuel filter ones are not really going to work as well as one you build with proper baffles, blast chambers and so on.

https://superprecisionconcepts.com/ is a great place to buy the parts and you can get quick mounts to fit on threaded flash suppressor/comp if you want.

https://form1suppressor.boards.net/ is a great resource for building your own Form 1 suppressor. The guys over there are always testing new concepts and there are several there with the proper licenses to help you tool your baffles if you don't have the tools or skills.

The advantage over getting a name brand one is you don't have to wait and you can really tweak it for what you want.

Keep in mind, shooting supers will still be loud. Where they really shine is subsonic.

Top Bottom