• Price: 1200

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Price
    Item Location
    Pace
    Smith and Wesson (NOT the Sport) M&P15 MOE Mid SL.
    I bought this on a whim about a year ago and never shot it. It’s as new. 5.56.
    All laws will be followed. If not a long-time member I might ask to see your concealed weapon permit or driver’s license.
    Price is $1200.

BDE5C879-1222-4D7C-97E1-C4E33407A89D.jpeg CC720C52-5DB8-46DD-AF57-19CDDB43DC4D.jpeg 21D2DD2E-9DD2-47D6-A4ED-391A3F31F940.jpeg

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Question....why does the mag well say Magpul on it? I thought M&P's displayed their seal on it, not magpul?
    These were a collaboration with Magpul. They came with Magpul SL furniture and an MBUS rear sight along with a Pmag from the factory. The M&P15 is a very good carbine with quality parts...

MattG35

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ah...just curious. Had me doing a double take on mine just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Where they ever actually "M+P" issued? Any kind of military trials against other makes and models anywhere? Just curious. Maybe even not our military? How do S&W AR's stack up against Colt? For example, I've read that out of the hodge podge of battle rifles in the 80's and 90's in Central and South America that the only ones that were holding up long term were the Colt M16 and the FAL. The editors ran a few serial numbers and they found Vietnam M16's that had been written off in Vietnam in the 60's and 70's. Some real "Lord of War" movie type of crap going on there.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Does that handguard cover the bayonet lug? Or does that not have a lug?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Raven, I have no idea which ARs were issued to M&P agencies around the country. I’m sure that some make their selections based on cost and not necessarily quality so there’s no telling what some may issue.
    Maybe some LEOs on here have experience with them?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Where they ever actually "M+P" issued? Any kind of military trials against other makes and models anywhere? Just curious. Maybe even not our military? How do S&W AR's stack up against Colt? For example, I've read that out of the hodge podge of battle rifles in the 80's and 90's in Central and South America that the only ones that were holding up long term were the Colt M16 and the FAL. The editors ran a few serial numbers and they found Vietnam M16's that had been written off in Vietnam in the 60's and 70's. Some real "Lord of War" movie type of crap going on there.
    The M&P designation is an homage to the early S&W M&Ps... lots of departments have adopted them because they are good quality.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    It just occurred to me that S&W does have a law enforcement division which I doubt they would have if they did not sell to law enforcement.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    FWIW, the M&P series by S&W has a lifetime warranty. Although they were available to the general public, quite few were sold to individual officers over the years on department letterhead for a discounted price. Nice guns!

deloach_kyle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does that handguard cover the bayonet lug? Or does that not have a lug?
    Can't speak on colts from the past but in todays world colts are used because they got the military contract(FN has the contract now). they're actually pretty bad compared to what you can get. The military doesn't buy the "best" they get what's "good enough" at the lowest price. also you can only really put a bayonet on 20" and 16" mid- length gas systems with the standard a2 flash hider and there is really no point nobody uses them I didn't even see a bayonet in my time in the army

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the S&W AR15 is a solid product. S&W's use of "M&P" dates back to when their .38 Military & Police Model revolver, the name changed to Model 10. M&P has always been a marketing tool to target those highly sought after contracts and to civs, who, just like now: want what MIL/LE use (or are assumed to use). M&P Bodyguard .380: not milspec nor have I ever heard they were Dept issue! Individual product specs may denote what parts meet or exceed the common milspec. GLWS

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Can't speak on colts from the past but in todays world colts are used because they got the military contract(FN has the contract now). they're actually pretty bad compared to what you can get. The military doesn't buy the "best" they get what's "good enough" at the lowest price. also you can only really put a bayonet on 20" and 16" mid- length gas systems with the standard a2 flash hider and there is really no point nobody uses them I didn't even see a bayonet in my time in the army
    "There's no point" pun intended, ha. Yes, there is, actually. Fact of the matter is that the modern military doesn't have much to worry about by way of running out of ammo, and they have all sorts of other anti personnel weapons like belt fed machineguns, grenades, explosives, drones, naval fire, air support, artillery and mortars. The common man doesn't have any of that, and he does have to connect personally with the enemy face to face, and most likely in that personal encounter he will have to worry about running out of ammo that he paid for himself. So yes, buy a rifle with a lug and buy a bayonet and practice thrusting and slashing and butt stroking. Also, if you bought or built a custom rifle that cost so much that you're afraid to beat somebody to death with your rifle like it's a damn Louisville Slugger because heaven forbid you might hurt your rifle, then you're wrong. But, maybe that's just the difference between the army and the Marines

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom