• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hit the field last night, weather was great, squeezing in as many hunts as possible before the heat and humidity set in.

Finished a call set and took a break from scanning... was actually looking at stars with NV, and all of a sudden this guy cuts loose with barks and howls. He entered the field undetected and was raising all kinds of hell. I got back on the rifle and shot this guy at about 175 yards... first hit was low and hit his front leg and entered lower chest, as he was spinning around like a top, I hit him again, this time it anchored him with a hit in the rear quarter, he was obscured by the grass bit would stick his head up now and again and when he did so long enough to get a shot, I hit him in the jaw area finishing him off. Not as clean as usual but that's the way it goes sometimes.

An hour later I had one about 200 yards to my left but with no good shot opportunity it worked around to my rear and I'm not sure where it ended up going. It showed not response or interest to the call.

Saw about fifteen deer and multiple hogs, so it was an entertaining night none the less.

Top Bottom