• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Amazing how movies become reality.
    From Star Trek to flip phones.

Now sky net, remember when it was just a movie?

Do the humans ever beat Skynet?

Under the leadership of John Connor, the human resistance eventually destroyed Skynet's defense grid in 2029. In a last effort, Skynet sent a cyborg Terminator, the Model 101, back in time to 1984 to kill Connor's mother Sarah before she could give birth to John.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    In a possible future, in like the 10th alternate time line in the franchise spread across a half a dozen movies and two seasons of a TV series... John Connor ends up joining forces with the terminators and becomes a nanotech terminator, as the resistance almost beats skynet. They always leave it open for a sequel. Oh and somewhere in there is a mutiny among the terminators and some of them join the human cause. It gets complicated. I have all the movies and the TV series and the dozen or so spin off copy cat movies. The best one is "Transcendence". I think it has a real chance of becoming true. Nanotech is the future. Scientists have already made a synthetic robot brain that can remember things, using nano-wires. Oh and the terminators nuclear powered hearts were invented in like the 1970's and some are still beating after over 34 years

Screenshot_20230602-024158.png
    Screenshot_20230602-024231.png

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Amazing how movies become reality.
    From Star Trek to flip phones.

Now sky net, remember when it was just a movie?

Under the leadership of John Connor, the human resistance eventually destroyed Skynet's defense grid in 2029. In a last effort, Skynet sent a cyborg Terminator, the Model 101, back in time to 1984 to kill Connor's mother Sarah before she could give birth to John.
    I just thought of something, this is the precursor to the Matrix.....

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently AI people can't/don;t Google.......

(1) a robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm; (2) a robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law; (3) a robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

There it is. But, let's just let it run and see what it does.....

AidanRise

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UPDATE 2/6/23 - in communication with AEROSPACE - Col Hamilton admits he "mis-spoke" in his presentation at the Royal Aeronautical Society FCAS Summit and the 'rogue AI drone simulation' was a hypothetical "thought experiment" from outside the military, based on plausible scenarios and likely outcomes rather than an actual USAF real-world simulation saying: "We've never run that experiment, nor would we need to in order to realise that this is a plausible outcome". He clarifies that the USAF has not tested any weaponised AI in this way (real or simulated) and says "Despite this being a hypothetical example, this illustrates the real-world challenges posed by AI-powered capability and is why the Air Force is committed to the ethical development of AI".

So original guy was just commenting on a theoretical situation allegedly and it got blown out of proportion.

slapdick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With the bots that they have now, I think it's only a matter of 10-20 years before they come out with one that can fool a human completely.
    AI is already to the point where it can fool people.

What happens when they put AI in these?

This is just the technology they are willing to show us. I'm still convinced a lot of the politicians we have are remotely operated.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    With the bots that they have now, I think it's only a matter of 10-20 years before they come out with one that can fool a human completely.
    AI is already to the point where it can fool people.

What happens when they put AI in these?

This is just the technology they are willing to show us. I'm still convinced a lot of the politicians we have are remotely operated.
    Disney's hall of presidents....

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Plenty of movies that show why this is just a bad idea. Westworld - new and old movies, Blade Runner, Wifelike, etc. Piles of them.
    ** if you've never seen the old westworld movie ( Yul Brenner) it's worth a watch, I'm pretty much 100% sure it was the inspiration for Cameron's Terminator.

Top Bottom