• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I can't get my sks to chamber . Idk if it's the mag or what . It just smacks that nose under the chamber like the mag doesn't sit high anuff .

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    You mentioned before that it still happens with multiple brands/types, including FMJ, right?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The first thing that comes to my mind is bent feed lips... that bolt has got to be open to be able to insert a mag, and inserting a mag with a closed bolt will bend stuff, cause feeding at incorrect angles and cause jams or not feeding at all

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    POS aftermarket mags, try the drum....

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's the stock the rifle has never been able to chamber due to the stock the individual on this forum knew this rifle was faulty when he traded me for it how do I report this ?

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I took this rifle to oak ridge where the gun Smith told me it will be impossible for this rifle to chamber a round because this stock has been tampered with.

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Also wondering if your trying to use the factory box magazine with a aftermarket stock ? If your using a aftermarket stock I’m thinking you will have to use the “duck bill” mags

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No suggestion needed it needs an actual non tampered with stock. Bayonette and cleaning rod . Qnd possibly gas piston

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    No suggestion needed it needs an actual non tampered with stock. Bayonette and cleaning rod . Qnd possibly gas piston
    I don't know what happened to my post here but I posted here on this thread that I have a brand new SKS stock that I would sell you that would fix your stock issue

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My duck bill mags needed to be sanded with a dowel and and paper so that the point of the top bullet in the magazine points directly at the chamber. There are You tubes on how to do. It is utterly reliable.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Depending on how the stock is interfering, and if it’s aftermarket or if you care about it,
    You may need to open up the mag well on the stock a bit. try running a file along the insides of the mag well to see if that helps.

I have an old ww1 colt that doesn’t like to feed. When I first got it, I didn’t know or care about collectibility or history. I just wanted a handgun for defense. I talked to a couple guys who work/tinker/play/build on 1911’s and they both told me leave it be and buy a Springfield to shoot and play with. They assured me to just leave it be, maintain it’s condition and appreciate it for what it is. So I got a hold of a rock island, but it bugged me and I compared them and thought about the fail to feed issue, and then threw the rock barrel in the colt. Hand cycled three mags of federal hst without a hang up. so instead of an entire Filipino pistol, I could have just bought a milspec barrel if I really just wanted something for defense.
    What I’m saying is, the gunsmith at oakridge May be telling you sound advice and I personally may even agree with it. But if you want to have whatever kind of modern stock on the rifle, and want to run duck bill mags, but think you have to replace it all to orginal.... experiment with what’s currently on it to see if you can maybe make it work. I don’t see you having anything to lose except time and energy. You may even have some fun while doing it

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Let me know
    Today I sold my brand new SKS Tapco stock that I offered to you last week. I have a used non-tampered-with Tapco SKS stock for sale for $80 if you're still interested in fixing your stock problem. My forum buddy here "Maxfold" has a used Tapco SKS stock for sale too for only $60.
    20211128_104142.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom