• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Interesting side note, Colt originally wanted to build the m16 like this and some prototypes were built and command ultra high prices. For the time period they could not pull it off.
    I can imagine...we have come a long way with polymer development. I would venture to guess that the next big thing for gun manufacturers would be a sturdy 3D printed lower. We are probably a few years out on that one.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yeah, saw that at the bottom and changed the post. They said "integral" at the top
    The one time I get in trouble for NOT reading ahead in class :eek:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I posted my reply before you posted the specs on it. Way too many rules for me to abide by, would probably void the warranty because I would putz around with it way too much (momma always said if you play with it too much, you'll go blind)...lol. But, an A2 upper would give it that classic look. What upper do you plan to put on it?
    Nothing to putz with really. Not sure on what upper yet. I've got an a1,a2 and a sidecharger or slick flatop. Caliber? 5.56 pencil 1:7 or 1:12 or may build 16 inch 6.8 hunting rig.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just wondering how many world class benchrest shooters,of ranges from 100 to 1000yds, use pencil bbls wrapped in carbon fiber for thier lightness ??
    How about BR50 22 rimfire shooters ?? How about the AR competative shooters ?? Do they seek out or intentionally lighten their competition guns ??
    Just wondering. Just trying to learn.
    NOW - -> If you were assured that all your shots were gonna be from the offhand,standing,unsupported position . . . then go light. --- SAWMAN
    Just saw this article...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For me - -> the real turn off is the non adjustable LOP.
    I like 'em short. 13.25 down to about 12.00 inches. Depending on which scope/sight mounted (or none). --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Assembled with monolithic lower (25.5 oz) Used the early colt m16 upper on it. Man is it light. 1:12T. Need to weigh it. Fit is fantastic, barely any light thru the upper/lower. Going to get another lower if I can.

Attachments

• 20210217_172044.jpg
      20210217_172044.jpg
      8.1 MB · Views: 101

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Assembled with monolithic lower (25.5 oz) Used the early colt m16 upper on it. Man is it light. 1:12T. Need to weigh it. Fit is fantastic, barely any light thru the upper/lower. Going to get another lower if I can.
    I like the look...but you don't like the monolithic lower? Why are you getting another lower?

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This weekend, I want to air-cure cerakote the skeleton receiver sets and some of the other ar parts to complete the build the following weekend (takes about 5-6 days to fully cure that type of cerakote). Going with a burnt bronze and black color scheme. If it comes out ok, I'm more than willing to air-cure that polymer lower for you. Which reminds me, I gotta get some more cerakote colors.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    This weekend, I want to air-cure cerakote the skeleton receiver sets and some of the other ar parts to complete the build the following weekend (takes about 5-6 days to fully cure that type of cerakote). Going with a burnt bronze and black color scheme. If it comes out ok, I'm more than willing to air-cure that polymer lower for you. Which reminds me, I gotta get some more cerakote colors.
    The lower is 100% lifetime warrantee if ya don't paint or dremel it. Only other thing it needs is a gi clip sling

Top Bottom