• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was looking into these at one point but I’m not sure on if I want to spend that kinda money.
    The devil in side of me is saying "HELL YES..don't be a sissy and buy that junk", while the other side of me is, "Is it really worth getting your arse kicked by the wife?"....still trying to figure out who to listen to...lol

Oldergeek

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The devil in side of me is saying "HELL YES..don't be a sissy and buy that junk", while the other side of me is, "Is it really worth getting your arse kicked by the wife?"....still trying to figure out who to listen to...lol
    Married 51 years, learned very early that if Mamma ain't happy, nobody's happy Learn to do it the "right way" - Keep that shit hidden. ;)

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Do ya'll feel that these magical 4lb guns will attain your level of accuracy ?? --- SAWMAN
    I can't say for everyone, but for me its a matter of setting a goal and attaining that goal. Sure, I want the weapon to be as accurate as it can be, the weak spot for any weapon in my hands is the blind fool behind the trigger..lol. Anyway, Rebel said that he saw a build that weighed in at 3.4lbs....I pretty much said in my mind "Hold My Beer", now my mind is saying "Can I physically accomplish that weight with a 16" 5.56 AR15 platform?" obviously within a budget (cause I'm a cheap bastard...with bills to pay).

After thinking through it, I'm gonna assume that the 3.4lb build was probably a pistol build maybe a 10" pencil profile barrel. Right now I'm doing the research and math trying to see how I can get to that 3.4lb mark with the parts that I currently have and what parts do I "need" to replace or modify to get lighter.
    But your right. In the end, the weapon needs to go "bang" whenever I want it to go "bang" and hit the tarket with some level of accuracy and consistancy.

Basically, for me it's another Everest to climb.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's still a work in progress. The Strike latchless charging handling works just like any other charging handle, so that is good. I was afraid that it would pop loose with the recoil, but I've used it with the 5.56, 7.62 and 300 Blkout.
    I knocked down 3oz by using a Taccom Ultra Lightweight buffer spring, but I couldn't get it to cycle the way I wanted with the adjustable gas block so I went back to an H buffer.

All in all, I'm hovering around 4.00 lb. That's with a 16" Faxon Pencil 5.56 barrel. It's zeroed in at 50 yards and the grouping is about 1.5", because I suck. lol

I think that if I invest $$ on a brigand arms or unique arms handguard...I might get it below 4lbs. I'm too cheap to pull the trigger on that handguard. Just straight up math, I will be at 3.8-ish if I put a Brigand Arms handguard on it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    It's still a work in progress. The Strike latchless charging handling works just like any other charging handle, so that is good. I was afraid that it would pop loose with the recoil, but I've used it with the 5.56, 7.62 and 300 Blkout.
    I knocked down 3oz by using a Taccom Ultra Lightweight buffer spring, but I couldn't get it to cycle the way I wanted with the adjustable gas block so I went back to an H buffer.

All in all, I'm hovering around 4.00 lb. That's with a 16" Faxon Pencil 5.56 barrel. It's zeroed in at 50 yards and the grouping is about 1.5", because I suck. lol

I think that if I invest $$ on a brigand arms or unique arms handguard...I might get it below 4lbs. I'm too cheap to pull the trigger on that handguard. Just straight up math, I will be at 3.8-ish if I put a Brigand Arms handguard on it.
    That's cool, almost there!! I really like the latchless ch. Noticed in my lightweight adventures that some buffer tubes are lighter. Sb buffer tube would be lighter cause it's shorter. B.A.D. makes a 3 oz end cap stock too. There's a way to do it. Keep at it.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    That's cool, almost there!! I really like the latchless ch. Noticed in my lightweight adventures that some buffer tubes are lighter. Sb buffer tube would be lighter cause it's shorter. B.A.D. makes a 3 oz end cap stock too. There's a way to do it. Keep at it.
    Magnesium receivers

Top Bottom