• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This info is reported to be from a BATF seminar at the NRA show in Nashville last week.
    I copied the text below from https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2015/04/atf-statements-at-the-nra-firearms-law-seminar.html

With the recent increase in poorly written online trusts that have become available, ATF feels there will be a big business in fixing them down the road for those who have unknowingly received the free or fill in the blank trusts.

One of the worst examples of an online trust we have seen is the Easytrust being promoted by Silencerco. According to them, there may be as many as 1000 people who have already received this trust which contains numerous problems. For a trust that is only 4.5 pages long, it appears to have even more problems than a Gun Trust drafted from Quicken. The list of problems is huge, but the biggest problems include:

The trust permits NFA violations throughout the document.
    The trust permits any trustee to sell your guns without your consent.
    The Trust permits trustees to take away your gun rights if in their opinion you can’t handle your own affairs.
    The trust directs distribution to beneficiaries upon your death without any written permission (a violation of the NFA)
    The instructions incorrectly state that the trust needs to be registered in many states where it does not (seems to be similar to the problem we reported with the quicken trust)
    Directs you to obtain an EIN number for their trust when it is not necessary.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This info is reported to be from a BATF seminar at the NRA show in Nashville last week.
    I copied the text below from https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2015/04/atf-statements-at-the-nra-firearms-law-seminar.html

With the recent increase in poorly written online trusts that have become available, ATF feels there will be a big business in fixing them down the road for those who have unknowingly received the free or fill in the blank trusts.

One of the worst examples of an online trust we have seen is the Easytrust being promoted by Silencerco. According to them, there may be as many as 1000 people who have already received this trust which contains numerous problems. For a trust that is only 4.5 pages long, it appears to have even more problems than a Gun Trust drafted from Quicken. The list of problems is huge, but the biggest problems include:

The trust permits NFA violations throughout the document.
    The trust permits any trustee to sell your guns without your consent.
    The Trust permits trustees to take away your gun rights if in their opinion you can’t handle your own affairs.
    The trust directs distribution to beneficiaries upon your death without any written permission (a violation of the NFA)
    The instructions incorrectly state that the trust needs to be registered in many states where it does not (seems to be similar to the problem we reported with the quicken trust)
    Directs you to obtain an EIN number for their trust when it is not necessary.

I think this article written by (lawyers) is full of shit. Nothing they mentioned is in my trust anywhere. Also was never told I had to get an EIN. Maybe these "lawyers" are upset they arent making 250 per trust anymore because people found a cheaper way to go.....

Just my opinion of course!

Doc

Last edited:
    Top Bottom