• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone own or have shot a Sig P250 Sub Compact in 45 acp? I am interested in this, but have never owned a Sig. I do know that Sig is supposed to make great guns, so my guess is the quality is there.
    My questions are; how's the trigger? Does it have external safety? ( I don't want that in a carry gun), how does it shoot?
    I value your opinions, and plan on buying a sub compact 45 next month. Right now it is between the XDS, and the CM-45 which should be available soon, and the Sig which just caught my attention.
    Thanks,
    Mike

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the p250 is considered to be a bit of a failure...

It was considered for a government contract and was not picked up due to reliability issues. I think that is why they are so cheap.

I don't think you can compare it to the XDS, because it is significantly larger.

I am a huge sig fan boy, but thats one model I don't own. I got pretty tempted when I saw them in the 3xx dollar range, but never picked one up. I was concerned with the quality after hearing they couldn't pass the tests they were put through.

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Ian,
    I was hoping that you would answer because I have seen how much you like the Sigs.
    Does Sig make any other sub compact in 45? I had not idea the 250 was so inexpensive, I just thought I might like to have a Sig.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No problem sir, bear in mind I haven't shot one, only handled them and read about them.

Sig makes the P245, which is a subcompact p220 with no beavertail. And a p220 compact which is nearly the same gun as the 245, just with a beavertail. Both of these guns are single stack and pretty hefty in comparison to the XDS though...

I carry a 938 a good bit, and it, along with the 238 are the only sigs that compete size wise with the XDS, but they aren't .45.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have handled and shot p250..in 9mm however..it was my bosses gun so keep n mind I only put about 20 rounds thru it..he said hes never had a failure and the gun does feel good in MY hand..however the trigger pull sucks..its way too long..i think it comes n at just under 12 pounds..i carry shield 9 and love it..but as ian said ive been lookin at the xds to pack a lil more punch

Austin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the p250 is considered to be a bit of a failure...

It was considered for a government contract and was not picked up due to reliability issues. I think that is why they are so cheap.

I don't think you can compare it to the XDS, because it is significantly larger.

I am a huge sig fan boy, but thats one model I don't own. I got pretty tempted when I saw them in the 3xx dollar range, but never picked one up. I was concerned with the quality after hearing they couldn't pass the tests they were put through.

After seeing your 1911 collection, I'm kind of curious about that Sig collection.. :hail:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After seeing your 1911 collection, I'm kind of curious about that Sig collection.. :hail:

I don't have a picture, but I think I have about 14 of them right now. Not an enormous collection, but they are among my favorites.

:peep:

Top Bottom