• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yesterday JJ sent me some pics that he needed posted re. some hulls that we were talking about on another thread. He was kind enough to do some expieraments with his gun.
    He will be along to explain his findings/results.
    Thanks for this JJ.
    Makes me sad to think that coming from Maine I brought >3,000 once fired "AA" hulls(International) with me. I pretty much gave them away a few years later. Best hulls you can get for high pressure loads. Used them for my crow loads.
    20216.jpeg

JJ will be along shortly with . . . the rest of the story. (after he gets up at 1000). --- SAWMAN

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There has been a lot of talk about what choke and what wads to use for reloading buck shot with . have done this before but didn't get any pict.. The top two was loaded with one Rem. power piston and the other with a Win. wad. was fired from 15 yds the bottom two was loaded with Fed. true flt wad. from 15 yds. all shell was loaded with 24 count of # 4 buck shot. The powder load was what I was using for my light cowboy loads . about 20 gr. of 700x and works good for light recoil load for the home and for the lady's.. Used my house gun a Rem. 870 18 1/2 barrel open choke.. just my 5 cents jj

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A POS Rem huh ?? Wonder the damn thing didn' blow up on ya.
    ANYWAY - - -> I AM IN NEED OF A "SPREADER LOAD" for a HD type of single 12 NEF 18". Thinking about a 1.5oz load of some deformed #2 shot or possibly "BB" (lead). Can square the pellets for you iffen you will load them for me. ( I'll sign anything.)
    I want a W I D E pattern at 10yds MAX.
    Need the bbl "faced" also. Will pay you in free advice. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom