• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    AND - - -> not "OO" buck. I would want the most dense pattern that I could get. Even #4buck would be too large. Especially if children or pets shared the house,for the penetration factor.
    For me it would be a stiff load of #4 or #6 shot. This in the 2.75" shells if the gun would hold one more vs the 3". This size shot,especially in a dense pattern will still go thru sheetrock but not a 2X4,a couch,appliances,etc.
    A shot pattern like this is still extremely dense/tight when fired at the typical HD ranges. This will add to its penetration. Remember also,at the HD ranges,you gotta shoot the shotgun like a rifle. You gotta aim the gun.
    I would highly reccomend that people using a shotgun for HD,take it to the range and practice with it. All you need is some white 10" paper plates. Put them up on the berm. Step back 7yds or 10yds and try to hit them fast. Are just a few pellets in them or is the entire plAte blown up.
    Here is a suggestion. - - -> for the people interested. We need to have a shotgun class at JJ's. Him and I could teach and be RSO's. It would be free. A half day affair. With a everybody bring your own lunch thing. Ladies would be most welcome. No fee charged or accepted. 25-40 rds needed. Any gauge shotgun allowed with any choke and bbl length or configuration. Pump and semi auto only.
    This would be safety,home layout,ammo needed,minimal talk about room clearing and ID'ing a good guy/bad guy,and use of a small light.
    Simple class and informal class. People shareing ideas but sticking to what is best for them,their family,and their home.
    Extrtemely minor talk about the laws and lawyer/police stuff. We all should already know that.
    I volunteer - - - > JJ - - -> THANK YOU SIR. ---- SAWMAN
    If this has not happened yet or if you are planning round 2, I would love to be a part of it.

Top Bottom