• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I like the Rural King store in Dothan, but do not buy a tractor from them. If you buy new I recommend Kubota, Kioti, LS or Mahindra, New Holland or Deere. Lots of LS tractors in my area and they hold up real good. If I bought a new one right now it would probably be an LS. I’ve got 12 tractors now and still work the old Fords more than anything. Don’t over look a good Ford if you run across one as there will always be parts for them.

seminole1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   1
    I have the Kubota 3901 hst 4wd. It's been a great tractor so far. I believe I've had it 7 years now. Make sure you get a front end loader because even if you don't think you'll need it, you will. I got the tractor , with front end loader , trailer , bushhog, and disc for around $25-$26k from Coastal. I drove them all , in that class , and feel I made the choice.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks to everybody for taking the time to provide thoughts and opinions. I appreciate them all and I went back and looked at several recommendations to see what was the right thing. I just signed the paperwork on a kubota 3901 HST 4wd with loader & grapple, the loader & grapple we’re a must and a huge step up from our Massey 135…. It’s getting put together over the next few days…. Thanks again…

Attachments

• 4CFCB293-2642-4FC2-B473-AB4418B65A9E.jpeg
      4CFCB293-2642-4FC2-B473-AB4418B65A9E.jpeg
      5.8 MB · Views: 88

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks to everybody for taking the time to provide thoughts and opinions. I appreciate them all and I went back and looked at several recommendations to see what was the right thing. I just signed the paperwork on a kubota 3901 HST 4wd with loader & grapple, the loader & grapple we’re a must and a huge step up from our Massey 135…. It’s getting put together over the next few days…. Thanks again…
    you will love that grapple....since john deere installed mine several years ago, i have not switched it to the loader bucket yet...very useful, practice with it, you will find it does a lot..

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Buddy has a Mahindra he swears by. He's not big on maintenance and had it for years.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    okay, again I want to say thanks to all for advice... while its in the queue for additions I am looking at the LaneShark front end brush hog.... anybody have one? it it worth the huge 5k price tag ??? $3900 for cutter & 1K for switch kit....

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t know , but I’ve been thinking that I need one . From the looks of it in operation , it would make some difficult jobs pretty easy. I think I’m going to see if I can find a rental to try for a day , before I buy one.

edit to add , check out the brown tree cutter . They are impressive when removing smaller trees and under brush. The down side is cost , they’re pretty pricey.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don’t know , but I’ve been thinking that I need one . From the looks of it in operation , it would make some difficult jobs pretty easy. I think I’m going to see if I can find a rental to try for a day , before I buy one.

edit to add , check out the brown tree cutter . They are impressive when removing smaller trees and under brush. The down side is cost , they’re pretty pricey.
    holy cow thats pricey..... I dont hate trees that much.... lol.... just despise heavy brush.... so thats a +1 for LaneShark....

Reactions: FLT

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, I saved enough money on no internet sales tax for Florida over the years to be able buy this just as the tax freedom comes to an end…. Whew……

thanks to all who offered advice, I am grateful… trying to figure this laneshark out now…. It’s a game changer… tractor is a L3901

1B6FB328-46F4-4A4A-9D7D-AD80C1426313.jpeg

Attachments

• F28730CB-D1A9-4352-8503-208C69D95890.jpeg
      F28730CB-D1A9-4352-8503-208C69D95890.jpeg
      265.3 KB · Views: 65

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Well, I saved enough money on no internet sales tax for Florida over the years to be able buy this just as the tax freedom comes to an end…. Whew……

thanks to all who offered advice, I am grateful… trying to figure this laneshark out now…. It’s a game changer… tractor is a L3901

View attachment 124279
    bitchin'!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

View attachment 124279
    If you need to test it on a multitude of projects- road fixing, shooting lane cutting, deer stand moving, I can hook you up!! Very, very nice!!!!

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :) Funny picture, actually my son (the Red Dirt Outdoors salesman) claims the Kioti is the best of the bunch. Only problem is he can't keep them in inventory, they sell every one they get within a day or two. If you need a zero turn he swears by the Spartan, he likes them so much he bought one for himself and his yard is like maybe a 1/4 of an acre if that, it takes him five minutes to mow it!

Attachments

• Mahindra.JPG
      Mahindra.JPG
      280 KB · Views: 64

Members online

Top Bottom