Target Sports

Shooting the C308.....Fantastic until...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In the pic I was showing difference in the two designs. I had something blocking carrier open to be able to pull them apart. The HK carrier and cocking piece just butt up to each other and Cetme carrier fits into cocking piece all the way to bevel. Guess it’s easier to see or measure gap on HK to me anyway.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    In the pic I was showing difference in the two designs. I had something blocking carrier open to be able to pull them apart. The HK carrier and cocking piece just butt up to each other and Cetme carrier fits into cocking piece all the way to bevel. Guess it’s easier to see or measure gap on HK to me anyway.

Ok. I get it now. Mine has a barrel looking slider guide/spacer between the bolt carrier and the charging handle. The rod I scavenged the pin off had a spool "I" shaped one that would not work on the c308. I also have the foregrip from that but cant locate it. Stock was used on a gsg5 project.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Any one have knowledge of the quality for this magpul 'snipers' butt stock for G3?
    View attachment 83371
    I handled one of these at the Cabelas in Scarborough ME. Very well made and heavy duty, just like the AR versions. However, it was not mounted on a rifle, so I cant speak of ergonomics or cheek weld, and it was in the Bargain Cave for like half off, meaning that it was most likely a return. Who knows why?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Found out that PTR makes the barrels and recievers on these. Cool. Other parts are surplus cetame. When they run out the C308 line ends.
    Ended up going with an Athlon 3x prism. Works great. Aldo added stoner brake.
    20210209_171937.jpg
    20210210_182504.jpg

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I picked up a ptr91.......do these have the fluted chamber you speak of? I don't have any ammo so I don't know lol.

Top Bottom