• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Two Las Vegas police officers and one civilian were shot and killed Sunday when a gun-toting duo went on a killing spree before shooting one another dead in an apparent suicide pact, authorities say.

Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield told The Associated Press that the spree began around 11:30 a.m. Sunday when a man and woman walked into CiCi's Pizza restaurant on North Nellis Boulevard and ambushed two officers who were eating lunch.

Sheriff Doug Gillespie identified the two officers as Alyn Beck, 42, and Igor Soldo, 32. He said one of the officers was able to fire back at the suspects before dying.

The suspects then grabbed the officers' weapons and ammunition and stormed out of the pizzeria, Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill told KVVU Fox 5.

The duo fled to the Walmart across the street, where they shot and killed a person at the front door and then killed themselves in an apparent suicide pact, Hadfield said.

Clark County Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill said at a news conference that the male suspect yelled "everyone get out" before shooting at Walmart. The man and woman then went to the back of the store.

Officers burst into the store and came in contact with the duo and exchanged gunfire, Gillespie said.

After a brief lull in the gunfire, it appeared that the female shot the male suspect and then took her own life, he added.

Hadfield said one of the suspects yelled, "This is a revolution," but the motive for the shooting remains under investigation.

"I think in any case where people are ambushed and shot it's upsetting to the public," Hadfield told The Associated Press. "We don't know anything about the suspects yet and are trying to learn more."

The victim's identity hasn't been confirmed, and the suspects' names haven't been released. Both officers were taken to the hospital, but it was unclear if they died there or at the scene.

Gillespie said the events mark a “tragic” and “very difficult” day for the department, but his staff is determined to continue serving the community.

“We will be out there doing it with our heads held high but with emptiness in our hearts”

He added that both officers have young families.

"Today is a tragic day for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and our entire community, Rep. Dina Titus, D-Nevada, said in a statement. “My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by today's senseless shooting, especially the family and friends of the victims. I have offered my assistance to Sheriff Douglas Gillespie and will continue to be in close contact with the Las Vegas Police Department as the situation develops."

The restaurant and Walmart remained closed as detectives processed evidence.

Walmart issued a statement saying it's working with police on the investigation.

"We express our deepest condolences to everyone who has been affected by this senseless act of violence," company spokesman Brooke Buchanan said.

Pauline Pacheco was shopping at Wal-Mart when she saw the armed man and grabbed her father to escape, KLAS-TV reported.

"We saw when the man was walking, he was shouting, yelling bad words, and suddenly he had a gun," she told the station. "It was terrible, it was terrible. That man was crazy."

Gov. Brian Sandoval said in a statement he was devastated by the murders of the two officers and an innocent bystander in an "act of senseless violence."

Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman said in a statement that the "pain was evident and clear" among police gathered at University Medical Center.

"Their resolve was greater than ever to serve our community with loyalty, dedication and to honor the memory of their two comrades and friends," she said.

Fletch

Master
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/i...las-vegas-police-also-had-plans-attack-courts

Well I cringed when some on the right took glee in boasting about the last few shooters being associated with the left somehow now they get their very own to try and dissociate themselves from. I think it's a ridiculous argument to make either way but that's the world we live in with the instant 24//7 "news" and every single headline being turned into a battle of right versus left.

Only a matter of time before a few of these "patriots" went over the edge and you can bet the media will play it for all it's worth to paint sensible gun owners in a bad light. But you know when the NRA goes so overboard in full support of anyone or anything that in anyway associates themselves with gun rights this kind of bad publicity by loose association is bound to happen.

They were at the bundy ranch and according to their social media accounts supporters and followers of all the usual "patriot" nonsense out there. Anyone think the FBI wouldn't haven't been justified in searching and disarming these felons earlier based off their crazy social rants now that two police officers and a lawful CC citizen are dead? It's really turning into a tough situation for law enforcement these days to try and discern if these people are just harmlessly ranting ideological bs or getting ready to cause harm. They even covered the officers bodies with gasden flags for fu@ks sake.

If the NRA and other supposed gun rights organizations who supposedly support us lawful, sane, & tax paying citizens don't start aggressively dissociating themselves from the kooks we are going to see the most aggressive clamp down on gun rights yet. This whole so called "patriot" movement along with their inflammatory in your face tactics is really staring to get under my skin and piss me off because it's going to turn the public against us sane gun hobbyist.

I like the fact my wife, daughter, and older relatives can now lawfully carry concealed in public to protect themselves against would be criminals who prey on those weaker than themselves. The great gains made in concealed carry rights are being put at risk by these radicals. Out of sight and out of mind the general public has no issue with. There is to much crossover and association with the vocal open carry advocates and the radical militia type movements who have the potential to produce more nuts like these two.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    as an FYI...Yes they were at the Bundy Ranch and asked to leave so never stayed, they were vetting and checking people out there so no they were no crazys but good folks at Bundy. the shooter had an arrest record for stealing a car I believe and was removed from the Bundy place...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I must also note the Walmart victim was a concealed carry guy who when he saw the perp shoot into the ceiling as he entered the store pulled his weapon and advanced on the perp. The perps woman accomplice was off to the side and saw him coming and shot and killed the victim. When you feel you have to react advancing on the bad guy may not be the best thing to do, find cover analyze the situation and act accordingly firing from a covered position. This guy tried to do the right thing, not sure of his training but he left himself open by not seeking cover first.

Snow Bird

Master
    One account I read said his wife left the ranch and he stayed. Who knows.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Ask yourself; where are these gun totting crazy F**ckers coming from lately? Hmmmm?
    2+2 = (not adding up)!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Gunner, I think it is pretty clear, the obama regime and their unlawfulness, why should anyone else follow the law, that and the sense on hopelessness.

Fletch

Master
    Well till the Vegas shooting they all appeared to be mentally ill in one way or another. The vegas shooters were ideologically driven and part of this patriot/militia movement. The guy was a big infowars fan and now Alex Jones is saying this was a false flag operation. There are those on the extreme far right, like Alex Jones, who have ginned up all this anti-government conspiracy crap and a couple of their more unstable followers finally acted out.

Like it or not these two were a part of the patriot/militia anti-government crowd. Not exactly the good guys with a gun the NRA envisioned. In fact they murdered a good guy with a gun who was brave enough to intervene. The anti-government paranoia has reached dangerous levels and responsible conservatives and libertarians need to disavow these wingnut patriot groups.

Please just stop with the it's Obama's fault BS. There is much to legitimately criticize about his Presidency but it's just as ridiculous and unfounded when the radical left blamed Bush for everything under the sun.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    They were not part of any group and I really doubt many Patriot groups would have them...I think you are confusing the white separatists and supremacist groups with Patriot guys, most of them are Constitutionalists and not murders. And the lawlessness of the obama regime IS fueling alot of this and the anti government sentiment no matter what you think it IS obama's fault!

Fletch

Master
    They were not part of any group and I really doubt many Patriot groups would have them...I think you are confusing the white separatists and supremacist groups with Patriot guys, most of them are Constitutionalists and not murders. And the lawlessness of the obama regime IS fueling alot of this and the anti government sentiment no matter what you think it IS obama's fault!

I think you give the patriot groups to much credit. Agree to disagree I suppose.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You are right, I think we almost agree but the terminology is differing.

Snow Bird

Master
    Obama is screwed up but I don't ever recall him saying go out and kill police officers,school children,and people on the street. Maybe I missed that speach.

Fletch

Master
    Interesting tidbit coming out from law enforcement about the killers use of nazi swastikas. It appears they were placing them on the cops to imply the cops were nazis and not as a show of being white supremacist. His old neighbor is also talking about how he would come out and take pictures of planes with their contrails and rant about how it was proof of how "they" were polluting the air with chemicals to control the people.

That is straight out of the wacko conspiracy theories Alex Jones spews of which this guy was a big follower of. I've always felt Alex Jones can't really believe the stuff he says and is exploiting vulnerable people with fear mongering and propaganda to make himself rich. He compares police officers to the nazis all the time. This sicko and his wife just took it all to heart and acted out.

Does Jones have any culpability for his inflammatory rhetoric when one of his listeners goes off the deep end like this? Instead of having a serious conversation with his listeners and condemning these murders he doubles down and calls it a false flag operation by the feds only feeding their paranoia further. But he also told parents of Sandy Hook victims they were liars and agents of the government. Are there any limits as to what this guy can say? If I was the family of the fallen officers I would try suing his ass.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Any extremist group can be dangerous. Blaming Obama is the easy way out, just like the media blames it on the guns themselves.

Extremist will use any excuse to act. Was it Obama's fault when Timothy Mc Veigh another militia/white supremacists blew up the federal building in Oklahoma?

Believe me I am not a fan of Obama but the anti Gov. wacko/extremist have been around since the beginning of the US. They now just have more ammunition to recruit lately.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    the fear and lawlessness of the obama regime and their gun and ammo grabs along with stockpiles of ammo and a private police force are the real issue, that IS obama's fault!

Top Bottom