• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need someone to prep, mud and sand the sheetrock in my house. Must know how to do it and prove it. No drinking until work is done.

No pay until work is done. Been ripped off already. NOT AGAIN.

email

fireblast2591@live.com

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol anyone who has done sheet rock knows, doing sheet rock sucks... Good luck man. On another note though, measuring, cutting, and screwing the sheets to the wall aint that hard at all (some special tools make the job a LOT easier fyi), maybe you could save some money with a little DIY then let someone else tape, mud, sand, and corner beed the rest... I don't know just a thought I guess.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have done enough Sheetrock to have a couple of rules....
    - he who hangs it finishes it.
    - he who MUDs it sands it.
    If you have had to follow an inexperienced installer...you would feel the same way.
    That said...If anyone says they will charge you less if you hang the rock yourself.....avoid them at all costs.
    If any homeowner wanted me to finish a job they had partially done themselves....it would cost them more than if I had done it from the start.
    A good job does not happen in the last few steps....it starts with the first screw. Any mis-steps will multiply the amount of work required to achieve a good finished product.
    .....no I don't take sheetrock jobs, sorry......they SUCK.:puke:
    I don't currently have a good lead on any installers either I'm afraid....but I have a couple of ways to tell if they know what they are doing before they even start.
    It's all in the tools. If the individual comes in with some ratty old drill, a plastic mud pan, and a wooden step ladder.....send them packing.
    If the CREW comes in with aluminum stilts, stainless pans and knives, and REAL Sheetrock screw guns ....then you have found a real sheetrocker....not an imposter.
    The real ones are also not cheap.....but will be fast, and worth the money.
    Good luck.

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol Wilwork4guns does know what he's talking about from what I can tell. I agree with him and getting a pro to do it is the best way. I figured because you went to a DIY part of a gun forum that maybe you wanted to do part of it yourself or that you were trying to save a little money by getting a "part timer" to do it for you. I mean common this isn't exactly monster.com. but yes getting a professional crew would be best. like I said good luck man.

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have done enough Sheetrock to have a couple of rules....
    - he who hangs it finishes it.
    - he who MUDs it sands it.
    If you have had to follow an inexperienced installer...you would feel the same way.
    That said...If anyone says they will charge you less if you hang the rock yourself.....avoid them at all costs.
    If any homeowner wanted me to finish a job they had partially done themselves....it would cost them more than if I had done it from the start.
    A good job does not happen in the last few steps....it starts with the first screw. Any mis-steps will multiply the amount of work required to achieve a good finished product.
    .....no I don't take sheetrock jobs, sorry......they SUCK.:puke:
    I don't currently have a good lead on any installers either I'm afraid....but I have a couple of ways to tell if they know what they are doing before they even start.
    It's all in the tools. If the individual comes in with some ratty old drill, a plastic mud pan, and a wooden step ladder.....send them packing.
    If the CREW comes in with aluminum stilts, stainless pans and knives, and REAL Sheetrock screw guns ....then you have found a real sheetrocker....not an imposter.
    The real ones are also not cheap.....but will be fast, and worth the money.
    Good luck.

150% SPOT ON. I worked as a Super for my best friends fathers sheetrock and metal framing company. We were strictly commercial and I've had my hands on well over 3 million boards personally. The only thing I can add to his expert advice is, framing comes into play as well!!! That's why we did the job start to finish. DO NOT EVEN TALK to a sub unless they have their own hanging crew!!!!!!!!!!

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am still looking for a sheetrock person.

I apperciate all of the expert advise here but I did not have $10,000 cash to have the work done. I contacted 9 companies and that was the cheapest price I got. The home is only 1300 SF so all of them were rip offs.

email

fireblast2591

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have done enough sheetrock to agree with all of the above. Also learned that it was an excellent idea to remove it from our bid sheet..right along with ceramic tile. Lol

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll send you Gordons Number... I know he works over in AL,from time to time.. Call him Monday, But for kinda small jobs like that him and his Helper usually hang,finish and spray it..

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe we use to pay subs about $20 a board to hang and finish sheetrock a few years ago. Don't know what it is now.
    Might help if you list WHERE in AL you are.

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Closer to thirty or more now as well as 45 dollars a sq foot for repairs takes at least three times to mud and sand sheetrock to make it look right.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe we use to pay subs about $20 a board to hang and finish sheetrock a few years ago. Don't know what it is now.
    Might help if you list WHERE in AL you are.

Got a guy that charges 21 a board,now adays... Does great work, Not sure what Gordan charges...

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a guy that charges 21 a board,now adays... Does great work, Not sure what Gordan charges...
    I have 30, 4'X12'x1/2" boards that need hanged and finished, 10 are ceiling. can you pm me his contact number ?
    my barn is in Lillian/elberta area. thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom