• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 460Rom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For those of you that like to carry 'Cocked and Locked', there is a SFS (Safety Fast Shooting) system available for the 1911 (all models I believe) and the Browning HP from:
    The way it works - once cocked, you push the hammer forward which moves the thumb safety up to the 'Safe' position. The hammer is prevented from striking the firing pin on impact. Ready to shoot - press the thumb safety down and the hammer automatically springs back to the cocked position.

Attachments

• sfs1.jpg
      sfs1.jpg
      870.2 KB · Views: 94
    • sfs2.jpg
      sfs2.jpg
      599.7 KB · Views: 97

460Rom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep, you're right; non-problem for some and just the thing for others. When they were offered years ago, alot were purchased bylaw enforcement personnel and people in open carry states that used the model 70. It's 'just the right thing' for carrying my 460 Rowland in a chest holster for hunting.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, you're right; non-problem for some and just the thing for others. When they were offered years ago, alot were purchased bylaw enforcement personnel and people in open carry states that used the model 70. It's 'just the right thing' for carrying my 460 Rowland in a chest holster for hunting.
    What are hunting with a .460? For hunting guns it is good if the safety or what ever it is be quiet in its operation.

460Rom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What are hunting with a .460? For hunting guns it is good if the safety or what ever it is be quiet in its operation.
    Mine is quiet, it doesn't strike the grip safety. (Elk in Co. Yes I carry a rifle with the pistol, use depends on terrain and at $700 - $800 a license I don't take 100yd shots with the 460.)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine is quiet, it doesn't strike the grip safety. (Elk in Co. Yes I carry a rifle with the pistol, use depends on terrain and at $700 - $800 a license I don't take 100yd shots with the 460.)
    Good for a bear if one comes calling while you are dressing out your kill.

Top Bottom