HD Tactical

Second Amendment WIN in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Libs hair is on fire on most news channels right now. It seems that now, the bad guys with illegal guns will have legal competition. What say you…?

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OOPS I didn't see this one. Sorry about that OP. I guess two threads on something this good isn't a bad thing tho!

There is a link to the 135 page SCOTUS op in the thread I started.
    Let's see how far that gets pushed for a more general right to carry (open carry). J Thomas' language sounds so good in that regard:

"We too agree, and now hold, consistent with Heller and McDonald, that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual’s right to carry a handgun for self-defense outside the home,"

Yes, I smell the hair from here!!!

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About time that there is a win for gun owners. That pesky 2A just keeps getting in their way.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About time that there is a win for gun owners. That pesky 2A just keeps getting in their way.

Shoot we are on a roll in SCOTUS and even in the Ninth Circuit, which I never woulda thunk. The momentum is on our side, at least at the moment. Course the libs will try anything they can to ignore and avoid the effect of the ruling.

Like ol Governor Wallace said in deseg days: you made your "law" SCOTUS, now enforce it.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Here is a very interesting write up about the decision - a good read

On June 23rd 2022 the Supreme Court of the United States issued the Bruen decision,overturning New York State’s “may-issue” concealed carry permit law. The New York law effectively made it so only rich and powerful people could get a carry permit, which provided the legal basis for their systemically racist stop and frisk policy. The way in which the court overturned that law is going to be a legal bombshell felt by California as much as New York, is going to turn the Ninth Circuit into a revolutionary war zone, and is going to cause a tremendous wailing and gnashing of teeth across the country, along with a thousand angry ideological articles on both sides. I’ll leave the legal breakdowns to The Volokh Conspiracy, the ideological arguments to the right and left wing blogospheres, and I’ll narrow my contribution for the time being to say and show this:

Breyer’s dissent is a dishonest mathematics shitshow of such scope and scale it almost defies the imagination.....

Top Bottom