HD Tactical

Scout Rifle, Conceptual, Tactical, and Reality.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Perhaps we have drifted enough to get back to Cooper's Original concept? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle. Otherwise we are all going to be toting M25's. Built by Tanks. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_Sniper_Weapon_System
    I've handled an original M25. At that point I'd already owned a Dragunov and a Gen1 DPMS 308 SASS and also handled a few of the M1D's. I'd much rather have an M25. Any sniper rifle on the modern battlefield should at the very least be semiauto. The only drawback is weight, and every other aspect of that rifle is a force multiplier. I'd never ever ever want to enter into a modern conflict with a bolt action, whether it's a Mauser or a purpose built scout rifle. Never.

P.S. Carlos Hathcock had some brass balls toting around a bolt action in Vietnam

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've handled an original M25. At that point I'd already owned a Dragunov and a Gen1 DPMS 308 SASS and also handled a few of the M1D's. I'd much rather have an M25. Any sniper rifle on the modern battlefield should at the very least be semiauto. The only drawback is weight, and every other aspect of that rifle is a force multiplier. I'd never ever ever want to enter into a modern conflict with a bolt action, whether it's a Mauser or a purpose built scout rifle. Never.

P.S. Carlos Hathcock had some brass balls toting around a bolt action in Vietnam
    Modern Sniper Rifles need to reach 1500 yards still supersonic. So all the Old Sniper Systems are either moth balled, sold to the general public, or issued to Designated Marksmen. The 7.62 X 51 is nothing more than a Sniper Support caliber nowadays. But don't tell the critters in the woodlot it ain't got enough moxie. LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom