• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Okay, I hope I can explain correctly.
    I have a Steyr SSG-69 in .308. For years I had a 1” 6x fixed scope attached. Since joining Element Training Facility I have access to a 1000yd range. I wanted to change the scope. I picked up a SIG Tango4 4-16x with Zero Stop.
    Luckily I had a set of Steyr 30mm rings. I have not zeroed the scope yet. The way the Steyr is set up, there is no way to add 15-20MOA. If my bullet impact while zeroing is too low will I be screwed? I do not have any downward travel. Anything for that Steyr is hard to find and too expensive.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It sounds like the base on the Steyer has some elevation. YouTube might be the best place to figure out the zero stop. With a 20 MOA base that Sig should have enough elevation to zero at 100 yds.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mel did piece on the Tango 4,. https://snipercentral.com/sig-tango-4-4-16x44mm-full-review/. He didn't have any trouble with using a 20 MOA base since the Tango 4 has 85 MOA of elevation adjustment available. Have you previously set a zero? Or is the scope still in the NIB condition? 85 MOA should give 40 up and 40 down. Dependant on your load you may max out your adjustments at 1K. The reason many use 20 MOA base is to keep the scope closer to ocular center which allows for more precise (expected click value) adjustment without getting boxed near the limits of travel. You can always use the reticle to add into the shooting solution.

Last edited:

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    M118LR, thanks for the link, I’ll check it out. I bought it used from Gunbroker. I happen to have some real M118LR.
    Can’t really tell how I got it though.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your SSG-69 is supposed to have a 20 MOA rail on it to begin with. Have you removed the Original rail? If so there are other 20 MOA rails available at price points below Steyr. Yet sometimes it's more cost effective and functional to have the OEM part. JMHO.

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    I don’t think it has one. It was made in the mid nineties. It’s just the dovetail rail. Rings are Steyr OEM. I seen them on eBay for $200 out of Russia/ Slovenia.
    Should of got a a Steyr one when they were available.
    Thanks for the conversion.
    Good day

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might want to get one while it's on stock. Steyr got a wait. https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/rusan-picatinny-rail-steyr-ssg-69-20-moa.html. With M118LR and a 20 inch barrel 39+ MOA can be required dependent on conditions with a 100 yard zero on the 1000 yard KD Line. Not to mention 9+ MOA of windage. That's so close to max I would strongly recommend adding 20 MOA of rail. JMHO.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom