• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MP5 makes a great SBR. I form 1d a Century AP5 last year.

I go individual route on my NFA items. I’m a single guy so I have no real need for the extra features of a trust. Now back in the day before when the CLEO sign off was necessary I did a trust and filed a few using it but to keep it simple going forward I’ve been doing individual route.

For fingerprints. Just order the cards from the ATF. They’re free and you can do them yourself. I’ve done two SBRs this way and took a selfie with my phone for the portrait. E file, mail the Cleo notification and send the ATF the cover sheet with two fingerprint cards. Long term you can also get a ETF file for your fingerprint too.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    MP5 makes a great SBR. I form 1d a Century AP5 last year.

I go individual route on my NFA items. I’m a single guy so I have no real need for the extra features of a trust. Now back in the day before when the CLEO sign off was necessary I did a trust and filed a few using it but to keep it simple going forward I’ve been doing individual route.

For fingerprints. Just order the cards from the ATF. They’re free and you can do them yourself. I’ve done two SBRs this way and took a selfie with my phone for the portrait. E file, mail the Cleo notification and send the ATF the cover sheet with two fingerprint cards. Long term you can also get a ETF file for your fingerprint too.
    Just finished submitting my eform 1 and was curious how I'd inform my CLEO ?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    ATF will email copy of the filled out form 1 and a copy to send to local law enforcement. My email arrived an hour or two after my submission.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ATF will email copy of the filled out form 1 and a copy to send to local law enforcement. My email arrived an hour or two after my submission.
    Thanks I sent him my forms by email whether he reads em or not not my concern as I've sent him them but thanks guys for yalls help and info during my journey on my very first nfa sbr it took over 3 hours to complete BTW

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Say theoretically your form 1 was approved and you put Daniel Defense as the manufacturer in the “h” field aka the additional description. So what would you be required to engrave?

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Say theoretically your form 1 was approved and you put Daniel Defense as the manufacturer in the “h” field aka the additional description. So what would you be required to engrave?
    As far as I'm concerned if you're making a sbr aka converting a pistol like my ap5 into an sbr you would put the maker your name the city you mad it in and the state

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you’re doing Individual route, your first and last name, city and state of residence.

Trust, put the full trust name followed by city and state. With that I advise to make your trust name short. Mine is first initial, last name trust. You don’t want a long first and last with revocable living trust as the actual trust name. Some guns are hard to engrave all those characters on.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    so basically it's what is on 3b and not what is listed in field h, makes sense.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ammunition Sales Company engraved my SBR. Charged me $25 plus tax.

5406 Sycamore DR​

Pensacola, Florida 32503​

(850) 477-2223
    He's done two of mine and is fast. He also uses a laser that is better suited for engraving firearms. In times of past I've used trophy and award shops and their lasers generally are not optimal for engraving firearms. Another plus is that he can make the engraving pretty discreet with the font size.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    He's done two of mine and is fast. He also uses a laser that is better suited for engraving firearms. In times of past I've used trophy and award shops and their lasers generally are not optimal for engraving firearms. Another plus is that he can make the engraving pretty discreet with the font size.
    He is very fast. Dropped my SBR off to get engraved, when I was pulling into my driveway, he called and said it was ready for pickup. After I got it back, I used Aluminum Black to blacken the engraving. If you don't know where to look for the engraving, it will take you a long time to find.

Top Bottom