• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sawman will be along later to tell his story. Meanwhile, here's some pics. Scar on left hip from fighting. Bushy tail. Small cutters, but very sharp.

2EBCE0F6-A99A-4AA3-B5BE-F86D810076A9.jpeg
    94068708-C667-42F0-B95C-9F82232E757F.jpeg
    27C4F65E-848F-4662-A40A-F76C89807683.jpeg
    0B0CCBC9-5598-40EC-86C3-748DA928542B.jpeg
    2127FBCE-E274-41C6-9B66-A113A5BC7C97.jpeg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There were 8-11 all big hogs in the unturned peanuts when I cruised up in my buggy. I tried to get into position but the deer spooked then the hogs ran off also. We went early thinking to get setup before the moon came up. I believe that a bright security light,about 500yds away on the county rd is what gave me away.
    I went ahead and got set up with my buggy orientated in the direction where the hogs disappeared into the tall grass on the edge of the field. Turned on the guns thermal sight,adjusted the gunners sling,and scanned the edge where they disappeared. After about 15 minuted this big guy popped out into the field from the hog path that he went down during his exit.
    He moved at a fast walk about 75yds out into the field. He stopped just far enough to my left that I could not swing the gun using the sling because of the buggys roll bar. Sheet !!
    But then he started towards me at a fast run/trot. When he got about 80yds he swung to the left and headed towards the thick brush. He slowed to a fast walk so I took a shot. He went down,then back up. This time moving faster than before the shot. Next shot,down again then back up,not moving quite as fast.
    He was getting pretty close to the thick brush so slung another at him. Down again . . . then up but not very steady on his feet. Within 5 feet of the thick stuff I shot again,determined not to let him escape into "no mans land". He went down hard,within just a couple feet of the hog tunnel into the thick stuff.
    My rifle goes on the seat,my Glock 32 comes out,laser turned on and approach with my hand held thermal on.
    As I approached he did not move. However for a hog,especially a big boar,that is no sign that he is either dead,OR EVEN INCAPACITATED. When I got to within10yds I let my thermal hang around my neck a broke out the 1000L small light (18650 strong).
    He was dead. The last shot went thru his neck and was a CNS hit. The others were killing shots . . . EVENTUALLY. (Pic is with my 18" 6.8)
    After Bruce guessing he weighed 125.7lbs and me guessing 432.6lbs I believe we both settled on about 265-275lbs.
    I tried to get Bruce to lop off his tail to use as a fly swatter like some of them Ethiopian kings use but he said that it could possibly cause undue controversy at the grocery store or Walgreens.
    Great hunt,great WX hardly no bugs. Something else to remember when I finally get as old as Frank and JJ. ---- SAWMAN
    17885.jpeg
    17886.jpeg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Most a little too far. However I have killed many hogs at the ranges that a 10mm carbine would be perfect at.
    A potential problem could be with the moving mass of the action vs my thermal. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom