APOD Firearms

Sawman Estate, Cold Steel wild hog/boar spears, 5 miles north of Whiting Field, Milton...ALL SOLD AND PAID FOR

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I've received some inquiries about what happened to Sawman's wild hog/boar spears, so his wife got them out for me and gave me the OK to sell them. I brought them to my home today. Up until today, I'd never seen the long one. I do know the short one was carried on his electric buggy. Blades made by Cold Steel. Sawman fashioned them to shafts. The small one has a blade length of 13" and overall length of 48 1/2". Large one has a wider blade of 13 1/2" length and overall length of 71" Blades are sharp. Having cleaned many a hog, they'd penetrate a hog. Blades by themselves are in the $5x-$6x range. Both have sheaths. I suspect the white paint on the short one was so he could line it up to put it back into its sheath in the dark. Can always remove the paint from it and its sheath. In the first pic, there's a little grease showing on the side of the blade...it wipes right off. Looks like he wrapped some para-cord around the sheath of the small one. Sheath on the large one could use some leather polish/leather treatment...I did not clean or do anything to the spears and sheaths.

$60 each. LONG SPEAR SOLD A D PICKED UP. SHORT SPEAR PAID FOR AND PICKED UP.

If you feel the $60 is out of line, we can talk...maybe you want to pay more!:)

5C08EAF8-DD9E-43E0-B105-22C623A6EED6.jpeg AD7FDF05-6580-44E9-81B1-FEBDBA1B07B5.jpeg 0BE8A85C-4127-4E19-A8A0-192E31989E13.jpeg C4D7B556-5F3B-4719-BA4C-06F471AA6B72.jpeg B80EAAB6-86DE-42F4-8143-86DEAE5B9A85.jpeg 5AB5A2E4-07D6-4404-9F58-ED8C7F917AA9.jpeg

Last edited:

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wait. Sawman? As in Mr. Bill? He passed away?!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Unfortunately, yes.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

yes sir he did

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Man. I had no idea. I (and I'm sure many of us) bought so many things from him over the years. The last meetup I had with him, we sat and talked on his porch for a couple of hrs. His wife brought us out drinks. He was a pleasure to know, and was full of so many stories and knowledge. Condolences to his wife and family. To the OP, If his wife or family needs any help with anything, let me know. I'm right around the corner from his place.

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I've received some inquiries about what happened to Sawman's wild hog/boar spears, so his wife got them out for me and gave me the OK to sell them. I brought them to my home today. Up until today, I'd never seen the long one. I do know the short one was carried on his electric buggy. Blades made by Cold Steel. Sawman fashioned them to shafts. The small one has a blade length of 13" and overall length of 48 1/2". Large one has a wider blade of 13 1/2" length and overall length of 71" Blades are sharp. Having cleaned many a hog, they'd penetrate a hog. Blades by themselves are in the $5x-$6x range. Both have sheaths. I suspect the white paint on the short one was so he could line it up to put it back into its sheath in the dark. Can always remove the paint from it and its sheath. In the first pic, there's a little grease showing on the side of the blade...it wipes right off. Looks like he wrapped some para-cord around the sheath of the small one. Sheath on the large one could use some leather polish/leather treatment...I did not clean or do anything to the spears and sheaths.

$60 each. LONG SPEAR SOLD PENDING FUNDS FROG03.

If you feel the $60 is out of line, we can talk...maybe you want to pay more!:)

View attachment 167699 View attachment 167700 View attachment 167701 View attachment 167702 View attachment 167703 View attachment 167704
    Will take it , maxfold pm sent ! Thanks. SHORT SPEAR

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom