• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kayakcowboy

Shooter
    Looking at acquiring an ISHMASH Saiga in .223 Remington. Anyone familiar with these care to chime in with a fair price for one in good condition? Thanks

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Russian made AKs with a sporting (non-pistol grip) stock. All the ones I had were top notch, easy enough to convert to pistol grip, but they didn't come with threaded muzzles. Pre Obama $3-500, post Obama I've seen converted ones going for $2,000 and more. I really miss my 16" 308!

Raven

Master
    Make sure you get one with a top handguard on it. Bought my Russian 223 new for $300 almost 20 years ago. I guess Russia figured if it was a sporter with no pistol grip that it didn't need a top handguard either. Burned my hand

Fear21

Master
    Make sure you get one with a top handguard on it. Bought my Russian 223 new for $300 almost 20 years ago. I guess Russia figured if it was a sporter with no pistol grip that it didn't need a top handguard either. Burned my hand

Any surplus AK gas tube can be made to fit a Saiga (I used an extra Hungarian tube I had on my Saiga) - may require a little fitting, as most AK stuff does. Twist an upper handguard on and you're good to go.

As for pricing... Saigas are kinda all over the map right now. What are they asking? Still a sporter or has it been converted?

wecanslide

Expert
    Non-sporterized ones are around $2k. I haven’t seen them under that since pre-Covid. The lack of 5.56 availability in 2020 kind of ruined the AK market.

FNHman

Marksman
    Any NIB saige would cost more due to the import ban making them collectable.

Used sporters 1000 and up.

Used ak47 configurations 1700 and up.

I've converted a few spare no expense saigas in both 556 and 762 and it's cheaper to buy one factory done.

Pic below is a .223 saiga full weld and cerakoted conversion with custom modified Weiger mags. It's sold.

Attachments

• 174905.jpg
      174905.jpg
      4.9 MB · Views: 16
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom