• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teslafan

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm curious what the value of a Izhmash Saiga 12ga shotgun is worth. It looks to be manufactured in '04 has an 18" barrel, open choke, no pistol grip, one factory mag (5rnd?), one 20rnd Promag drum mag. I don't know the round count but I've stripped and cleaned it and there is almost no wear...I'd say no more than a box of shells run through it. I'm not up on the current politics concerning Russian guns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

teslafan

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is it converted ?
    I'm not really an AK guy and not familiar with the difference in magazines but I don't think so. The drum mag is a promag brand and I'm not sure if it's made for an unconverted saiga or not.

ratio411

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So, it is NOT converted.

“Converted” means that it started out as a standard rifle stock type rifle, and was converted to a pistol grip style like a traditional AK. The pic would be a converted rifle.

Attachments

• E914E3CF-4A63-41ED-BDFF-4DA684FE7679.jpeg
      E914E3CF-4A63-41ED-BDFF-4DA684FE7679.jpeg
      2.5 MB · Views: 104

teslafan

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So, it is NOT converted.
    You're saying this is not converted or asking? ...can you post a pic that shows one that is converted ?
    So, it is NOT converted.

“Converted” means that it started out as a standard rifle stock type rifle, and was converted to a pistol grip style like a traditional AK. The pic would be a converted rifle.
    I thought the conversion people talked about had to do with what magazines the weapon would accept not the furniture.
    Unconverted . Locally you may get 800-900$ gunbroker may bring higher
    Does the conversion people talk about refer to what magazines it will accept or the furniture?
    Ask $1000 OBO with the drum. Take anything over $800.
    Thanks for your input.

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    You're saying this is not converted or asking? ...can you post a pic that shows one that is converted ?

I thought the conversion people talked about had to do with what magazines the weapon would accept not the furniture.

Does the conversion people talk about refer to what magazines it will accept or the furniture?

Thanks for your input.
    It allows you to use regular ak furniture . You can convert it yourself for around $350

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I see where you get your call sign from...lol. Gotta be more than that
    I will admit that I didn't read the complete description in Fjestad Blue Book. Do you have something concrete or are you just trying to one up the Class Clown:rolleyes:

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    https://kalashnikov-usa.com/tag/saiga/

With the USA already converted versions on the market with all the goodies you might have a hard time selling for more than 700 but since the russian ban it might be better off as a long term investment safe queen.

I have a converted saiga 12 and it's an upside down investment so far... can't sell it for what I have in it from the original cost 9 years ago when new plus the conversion cost.

teslafan

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It allows you to use regular ak furniture . You can convert it yourself for around $350
    thank you
    https://kalashnikov-usa.com/tag/saiga/

With the USA already converted versions on the market with all the goodies you might have a hard time selling for more than 700 but since the russian ban it might be better off as a long term investment safe queen.

I have a converted saiga 12 and it's an upside down investment so far... can't sell it for what I have in it from the original cost 9 years ago when new plus the conversion cost.
    Thanks, kinda what I was thinking too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom