• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I picked up this S&W model 25-5 nickle plated in .45 Colt from member Jdcujo a few days ago and I just got a chance to shoot it. The results are a little better than expected, even from a Smith and Wesson revolver. Today was just a function/accuracy test with some medium loads from a bench rest at 15 yds. Next range trip I’ll see if I’m as good as the gun.

It has an 8 3/8” barrel, target hammer and trigger, red ramp front sight and white outline adjustable rear sight. My Lyman trigger pull gauge gave me 2.25lb single action and 8.5lb double action. Both are 5-pull average. The ammo is reloads I did for another firearm that I sold several months ago. Left target is 230 gr RN plated under 7.5gr W231. The right target is 250 gr LRNFP under 5.2gr American Select. Both targets are 20 rounds (on each target) at 15 yards. Recoil on both was very manageable and no sight adjustment was necessary.

Sorry about the bright reflection on the gun pics. If I use the flash--bright reflection, no flash--too dark.

DSC00349.JPG

DSC00353.JPG

DSC00363.JPG

BTW, thanks Jdcujo for a good transaction and a great gun.

Garry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    nice shooting Garry, now keep this one it will look nice at the range when i bring out the 27-2 nickel 8 3/8" and the 629-0 8 3/8" guns we can literally have a blast we will have 3 bases covered that day
    45 colt, 44 magnum, and 357 magnum

garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    nice shooting Garry, now keep this one it will look nice at the range when i bring out the 27-2 nickel 8 3/8" and the 629-0 8 3/8" guns we can literally have a blast we will have 3 bases covered that day
    45 colt, 44 magnum, and 357 magnum
    This one is definitely a keeper. Manageable recoil and I can load hot if I want to(but I probably won't).

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'll try 25 yards first. Not sure if my old eyes can even see a target at 50 yards.
    Like at the 500 yard line with iron sights and you can't see the 4 foot tall black target in the middle of the 6 foot square white board... just aim for the middle of the white, because you know that's where the black is

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom